Visonic Powerlink2 (for Complete); possible to sent email?

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Paul2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Powerlink2 (for Complete); possible to sent email?

Post by Paul2 »

Does anyone know how to make the powermax/complete sent out an email upon an alarm/event?
I thought it would be possible with the 'central station' but its only a DynDNS!? Or am i missing something?
Thanks,
Paul
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Visonic Powerlink2 (for Complete); possible to sent email?

Post by Bwired »

but im not sure where to set the mailserver settings?
powerlink2email.png
powerlink2email.png (61.14 KiB) Viewed 14623 times
Paul2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul2 »

Actually the solution architecture is unclear to me. I thought the powermax complete didn't really have ip support, only simple rs232 support or something alike. Then the powerlink2 adds ip support, webbrowser that sends simple commands to the powermax-complete. But then how would this setting be effective? I would expect to enter an email address somewhere in the powermax menu's (such as under CS Reporting; it only has "IP RCVR 1 and 2" (whatever that may be???)
I'll ask Bob ;)
Paul
Paul2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul2 »

I'm trying to setup portforwarding to https to the visonic. I have configured port 443, what ports do i need to forward? Only TCP 443 doesn't seem to be sufficient!? Disabling firewall altogether does work. Does it need UDP? Or is any secondary ports used?
Paul
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

for email ??
Paul2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul2 »

Paul2 wrote:I'm trying to setup portforwarding to https to the visonic. I have configured port 443, what ports do i need to forward? Only TCP 443 doesn't seem to be sufficient!? Disabling firewall altogether does work. Does it need UDP? Or is any secondary ports used?
Paul
Got it!

Port forwarding: only 443 to the ip address of the visonic (.200)
Port filetering (firewall) src: 0-65535 dst: 443-443 inbound accept

Paul
BlaDeBla
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BlaDeBla »

I have asked Visonic about this. See also this post:

I thought it would only really work if you have completed the PowerLink registration in the web interface.
This did not work, I thought that port forwarding was necessary. It did not matter.
Eventually, after much fiddling, I read the Visonic PowerLink page again. And again:

"Utilizing PowerLink2 as an IP-based event notification solution requires that Visonic's IPMP (IP Management Platform) be implemented as an IP receiver at the central station." visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property- ... 2-internal

:(

Eventually, I hope there will be a solid interface with HomeSeer. Would like to write a driver myself, if I had the time.
Ultimately, there will be a dependence on the PC and Homeseer to send the e-mail. Perhaps the GSM module is a better choice.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Thats why we are hacking the powerlink, I will check the email setting on my quest.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i have powerlink 1, i purchased it in great brittain with a subscription free for 6 months for a security central which they own.
as long as the subscription was active i received emails apparently send by them when an alert occured. with no subsription no emails.
so i hope you can hack it .
labium
Last edited by labium on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I thought it was like that.
The email etc are in the powerlink.
Visonic's IPMP is communicating with the powerlink, if an alarm is set of the Visonic's IPMP software receives this (Ip Notification or something).
And the Visonic's IPMP is sending the email/SMS.

So you need to program it in your own software
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

alle the visonic sensors gives via rfxcom signals to the homeseer.

but thee attached camera's are not accesible if they are used by visonic, the visonic powermax pro powerlink gives them a username and password which is secret .

so if powerlink is hacked i know which passwords and usernames the cameras are given, the cameras are from marmitek robocam 21 whith a special visonic firmware . i can hardware reset the camaera's but then visonic doesnt use them until they are enrolled bij visonic given an other ipadres in another sypervened network .

if i have a question for visonic they answer with great anger that i did the installation myse;f because it is an installers product not for diy .

labium
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Powerlink1 is already hacked, there is a lot of info on this forum about it, but not all.....
For example check this http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... =15#p46865
Paul2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul2 »

When you have portforwarding icw DynDNS (or just navigate to your hopefully fixed IP) then logging on to powerlink(2) enables at least to see sensor status and i guess (since i don't have a camera myself right now) also to view and control an ip-camera.

I was disappointed somehow since i thought that it was also possible to program the visonic from the webinterface; but it isn't.

From the visonic panel itself in installer mode you can enter two IP addresses that serve as IPMP/central server. Actually you would typically only need a software application that supports this protocol and host it somewhere on a cheap hosting package.

Maybe,,,, when i finish current hobby projects,,,, ;) And when someone can point me into the right (interfaces) direction.... ;)

However,,,, isn't there already an opensource initiative to connect with?

Paul
Mfr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mfr »

I got the Powerlink2 sending e-mail, see domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68& ... 314#p55314.

Mark

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”