vive la france en vacance

Forum about all other NON Home automation stuff can be placed here....
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

vive la france en vacance

Post by labium »

On the route du soleil from the netherlands to the south of france , i met a lot of new domoticalike stuff. It starts with a hotel completely automated : the Bed en Breakfast hotels, B&B hotels. You make a reservation online with your creditcard number. At night around eleven you arrive after a day full of traffic problems on the main roads in belgium. Then you must give your reservation number on a touchscreen at the completely automated frontdoor with no personell. and then you must give your creditcard number. And what happens he doesnt recognize your creditcard. so you cant pay and dont get your codes to enter the hotel or the hotelrooms. A intercom system next to the touchscreen brings the solution. After 10 times trying to connect to someone and just as much diconnections and 45 minutes later the voice says : we send someone. And indeed 15 minutes later a person arrives to get a print out of the computer with the codes for the doorlocks for the hotelrooms.
At that moment i was wondering if french people and computers are a good combination.

But the mcdonalds at Nimes makes everything allright. They also have a order touchscreen in yes also your own language, you can directly pay your order with your creditcard not with your mastercard.
The order appears at a screen at the counter and they make the food ready. so this time you dont have to wonder what you ordered in french you can just order in dutch or english.

A restaurant on the highway was not so well automated , you go the the counter were you can order some dinner, you put your finger at some things you want for seven persons not knowing how that is called in french, the ladys say okay, they tell you now go the the place were you must pay , tell them what you ordered come back with the bill payed. This was a problem i told the lady i dont know what i ordered so i cant tell her what she must bill, and with no bil no food prepared for you................

labium
esschenk

Re: vive la france en vacance

Post by esschenk »

Maybe this is something for you

http://www.leren.nl/rubriek/talen/frans/
:D :mrgreen:

Ed
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Nice story :)
Also indicates clearly where things like this are going in the near futere.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

labium wrote: But the mcdonalds at Nimes makes everything allright. They also have a order touchscreen in yes also your own language, you can directly pay your order with your creditcard not with your mastercard.
The order appears at a screen at the counter and they make the food ready. so this time you dont have to wonder what you ordered in french you can just order in dutch or english.
Also available in NL (http://www.franchiseformules.nl/data/it ... fuihAD.php). Have seen this for the first time last Friday @ Barendrecht.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4wqyVRn7o
Alexander

Return to “Off Topic”