Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Tom.b
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax Pro false alarms

Post by Tom.b »

Hello,

I have powermax pro for two weeks now and had three false alarms during the night, always arround two or three hours.

I have Pet friendly pirs, the dog is upstairs when the alarm goes of so he didn't trigger it. The senstivity of the PIR is set to 2 (two motions detection).
Does someone have the same problems, or knows what i can check to see what the alarm is triggering?

Thanks.
marck

Re: Powermax Pro false alarms

Post by marck »

Hi,

I have the same problem. Two false alarms recently. But, in our situations it's not time dependent.

Also the Visonic PIR, Next +, is set to max false alarm protection.

Did you already find a solution?
Tom.b
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tom.b »

To be honest i didn't try anymore. I disabled this "alarm" PIR and added a door sensor at that location. I always wanted to put this PIR on another place to test it, but have not done this so far. The powermax is working fine at the moment never had any false alarm anymore. I soon will ad some water detectors to the system and then i will try this failty PIR again for false alarms on another place in my house.
GJB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GJB »

I am using PM Pro 3 years now, and incidently the alarm is falsely triggerd. Although using pet friendly NEXT MCW I suspect my cat (4 kg) triggering the alarm.
Does anyone know how I can check whether the MCW's are really pet friendly , so the K9-85 MCW?
GJB
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

The only false alarms i got is when i put a sensor on place where the sunlight can reach te pir

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”