Fibaro FGD211 dimmer with FGB-001

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
ralhop

Fibaro FGD211 dimmer with FGB-001

Post by ralhop »

Does someone know how to connect the Fibaro dimmer with the FGB-001 to control LED lights.

Theres nothing standing how to connect them in the manual
Ralph
Sooty

Re: Fibaro FGD211 dimmer with FGB-001

Post by Sooty »

I also had to ask this question a while ago, just to be sure.

It is connected in parallel with the load, or at least that's how I connected it following advice from this forum and it seems to be working fine.

I have attached a diagram showing how mine is connected to 3 LED lamps.

NOTE: the diagram depicts a standard UK lighting circuit setup, so this may not be the same as yours.

Paul..
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (31.87 KiB) Viewed 6194 times
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

@Sooty

What is the power consumption of the leds in total. I also want to install the Fibaro with 3 leds, 3 watt each, so in total 9 watt. I wonder if the Fibaro has any problem with dimming this low consumption (the led's are dimmable ofcourse).
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

What is the power consumption of the leds in total. I also want to install the Fibaro with 3 leds, 3 watt each, so in total 9 watt. I wonder if the Fibaro has any problem with dimming this low consumption (the led's are dimmable ofcourse).
The LED's I am using on this circuit are 5 watt each, so 15 watts total. They are not the dimmable type so I have the Fibaro configured as on / off only. I installed the FGB-001 to prevent flickering of the lamps when off.

I don't currently have any dimmable LED's, but I did test the Fibaro with a couple of dimmable CFL's and it was not a great success. the CFL's had a high frequency flicker at all dim levels and would not dim below about 40%. Incidentally, the same dimmable CFL's work with no problem on a trailing edge electronic dimmer. There is something about the Fibaro that the CFL's don't like :(

I also noticed a faint flickering on a standard 230 volt halogen lamp when connected to the Fibaro. The best combination I have found (although not so energy efficient) is the Fibaro dimmer, low voltage halogen lamps & dimmable transformers. I am using this combination now in 2 rooms with 12 volt IRC lamps and I am very happy with it. No flickering and no buzzing.

I have ordered some dimmable 12 volt LED's and transformers, so next week I will test them with the Fibaro dimmers.

Overall I am happy with the Fibaro dimmers and I have some more to fit over the coming weeks. My main reason for using this dimmer is the ability to associate other devices onto the second switch.

Paul..
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

I tried it as above but I got still flickering and a lot of hum.
I have 9 Luxor 1 LEDspots from 2,5 watts so totaly 22,5W.
the 2 transformers I use are dimmable (fase cutting) .

i made it back as it was before.
for that I use a zwave switch(DUWI) where I made the relais inside passive on the switch side(I cut the fase on the board) ,and behind that a small KAKU Dimmer module. they are cheap and they work great to dim LED´s

I use the KAKU remote to fix a level that I like and switch on and off with zwave.
it is not the best solution but it works for me.

if someone know a differend transformer that works with a zwave dimmer then please let me know.

I saw on Youtube that Fibaro only uses pulse wall switches, are there in Polen only pulse switches??
Ralph

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”