Voice-mail progress

Alles m.b.t. de Fritzbox plugin van Robert Hekkers overgenomen door Rien du Pre(DUTCH forum)

Moderator: RdP

Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Voice-mail progress

Post by Digit »

Hi,

Those who keep an eye on this forum will know I'm working on voice-mail for the Fritz!Box Plugin.
I've made some progress the last few days:
fbfplugin.png
fbfplugin.png (25.4 KiB) Viewed 19168 times
I've reached the point where I can listen to the voice-mail; with the push of a button the HS speaker client starts playing the converted wav file. It's all still a bit "quick & dirty" right now, but I'm getting results 8)

For now, listening to the voice-mails can only be done from the Plugin configuration page.
So now the time has come to think about & provide the "tools". For example, I can imagine you'd want a device that displays/holds the number of new voice-mails for further use. But I can't nor want to think like a HS user (no offence, but a phone call is not a device, just like a traffic jam isn't, or a battery status etc) so I'm looking forward to your ideas. If not, this is what you'll get.

Another thing I will implement in the next Plugin is that voice-mail will only be supported for models on which support has been confirmed by me. For now, this means only the 7170, 7270, 7360, 7390 models will be supported. If you would like your Fritz model to be supported as well, read this and act accordingly. If you don't, well I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait for a next version to be released. And that can take a while.

That's all for now!
abl

Re: Voice-mail progress

Post by abl »

Hi, as stated before I'm very happy with this new feature (unfortunately I've been busy the whole weekend to get LED lights going via Z-wave).
With the current functionality would I be able to play the current voicemails via a click in HSTouch or automatically when a certain motion sensor is triggered? Or do I need to have a device for that?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Ehm, don't ask me :wink:

I don't know how HSTouch works... I do have a license for it, but I was actually hoping to get some 'input' from people who actually use HSTouch and know what they need (from the Plugin) to get the things done they want. That's the reason for my RFI (Request For Input) :) I know it may sound a bit strange, but that's how it goes when someone's trying to share nice things but doesn't like to spend too much time learning about things he'll never use himself. Collaboration, that's is what I'm trying to accomplish here. You tell me what you need. Playing all new voicemails by a single action is a start, actually...

BTW, for those who want to know more about the details of this voice-mail stuff, here's a weblog post for you:
http://blog.hekkers.net/2012/03/10/frit ... ail-files/
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

great addition and being able to convert the fritz voice mails to a usable format is a wish of me for some years now (I still use the mail forward function :()
I was not able to do the conversion it :)
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Some ideas to play the files in Hstouch:
If the converted files will be stored in a iTunes folder (or add an option in the plugin to set it manually, or set iTunes to monitor that folder :P), you can add a listbox in Hstouch and play the file that you want. That file will be played at the speakers on you HS pc...

What are the possibilities to play that selected file from the listbox on other speaker clients like iPad, iPhone, wall touchscreen?
So can we set a speaker client to play the voicemail files?
If we look into the future, and there are several tablets in the house, maybe we can add an listbox again or device on/off and choose the client we are working on we want to listen voicemails?

Somewhere in another topic 'Plans for next version" I write about the Homeseer Phone plugin, also with an interface on the plugin page.
http://alturl.com/649tc
At this picture you probably can play your voicemail files on the webinterface or on a speaker client.

In the existing plugin, the last 10 calls are virtual devices. Maybe the voicemail files should also be a virtual devices. Then there are some possibilities to trigger.

What happens with the voicemail-(wav)file if it's listened completely?
Is 't the same principal as the phonecalllist now?
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Can't wait to play with this new functionality....
Rien
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

@RdP, do you've other ideas to implement the voicemail function into Hstouch?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I'll release a beta version soon (within 3 days).
But right now, most of my spare time goes to the roller shutters that arrived this week and which are screaming for attention :)
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Rutger wrote:@RdP, do you've other ideas to implement the voicemail function into Hstouch?
For me it would be sufficient to play the wave file from an event using the HStouch as the interface. I don't think this is hard to do...

/Rien

@Robert, Are you ready to accept a beta request ?
Rien
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Rien,

First beta has been sent to a few testers last weekend.
In order to participate, read this first.
After you've sent me the files, I'll mail you the link so you can download the beta.
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

7270 Fritzbox files sent to you...
Rien
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Rutger wrote:@RdP, do you've other ideas to implement the voicemail function into Hstouch?
I use the beta for a couple of hours now and the new functions are working as expected...

I sent some additional request to Robert and he will gather al the request and prioretise them...

The most simple option is to create a device for each (or last 10 voicemails) just like the incoming calls and have the option to play the wav file associated with the device.

/Rien
Rien
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

I'm also a beta tester.
For me it's working fine, but a delete button is missing.
I think that nobody will keep all of his voicemail files after a while.
When I delete a voicemail message on the FB, the database entry still exist and also the record on the voicemail page from the FB plugin.
The only option is to delete the record in the FBF database.
Some connection to the original rec file should be the best solution I think. Maybe a double check to delete also the converted wav file.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

The first beta was just to see if I could make it work. Very basic, not a single 'extra button' or so was added.
Results are OK so far, so now it's time to think about some additional functionality.
But not by me.
For that, I decided to lean on user input and not decide myself what the Plugin will and will not do.
After all, I'm not going to use the Plugin myself and I've got other things to do as well :wink:
So I think it's fair to limit the Plugin to what has been suggested by you all and what is useful, instead of adding features noone's going to use.

I've received some good ideas this week (thanks to Rene, Rien, Rutger) of which most are doable, so they will be done.
And trust me, I'll make sure you'll get something you can really use :)
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Hi Robert,

is beta 8.0.0.0 still the latest beta ? All seems to be working, but I like to have one pleasant option which is a trigger when a new voicemail has arrived..

Is this simply do-able ?

Thanks,
Rien
Rien

Return to “Homeseer Fritz!box Plugin Forum”