New Visonic alarm Powermax Complete?

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Uriel

New Visonic alarm Powermax Complete?

Post by Uriel »

Hai, I would like to replace my SC9000 X10 alarm set for the Visonic Powermax Complete. I hope to get a more stable alarm system with a better performance. I now often have problems reaching the various door sensors due to thick concrete walls and floors with steel in them. With what I have read on the forum most of you are very satisfied with the Visonic alarm system.

I would like to see the status of all the sensors, what I've read I can do that by using the extensions board 868.95MHz receiver for Visonic sensors at €60,-. (I already have the RFXcom 433.92MHz LAN transceiver)
Further I would like to arm and disarm the alarm via HomeseerHStouch and my Hstouch android app.

I have read all the topics about the Powerlink hacks but there is no off the shelve solution as I understand. I am no programmer so the most in the topics I don't understand, I mean I am not very good with that do that unless I have some clear instructions. Than I usually manage to get i working.

So my questions;
Do I need the Powerlink with the Powermax complete to arm/disarm it with homeseer? If it is, it is a bit of an expansive solution I think. I know you can do more with it but If I have the extension for the RFXcom I also have all the information, from the sensors right?

Do I need the UK version to get it working or will I manage to get it working with a Dutch set?
nico_gh2

Re: New Visonic alarm Powermax Complete?

Post by nico_gh2 »

Hi Uriel,

I thought it wasn't possible to arm/disarm the Powermax units with the Powerlink.
Having your system open to the internet (altough maybe just your home lan or even worse wlan) would be a big security hole.

rgds
nico
johnz

Post by johnz »

Hi Uriel,

You can wait for the Visonic plugin (I assume it will be able to arm/disarm) or you could use a keyfob, a soldering iron and a device like IPPower of RFXio (pictures and description somewhere on this board).

John
Uriel

Post by Uriel »

As to what I have read it should be possible, I agree with the security issue but with the right security measures it should be possible.
I also have it now with the SC9000 and it is very handy I must say. Even if it's possible there is a remote change that anyone will hack my system specific and deactivate the alarm this way to go in. They would have to know that it even is possible with the Visonic alarms since we are talking about possibilities here that are not very standard and known to a limited amount of people. Still there is a change, I cannot disagree with that.
Uriel

Post by Uriel »

johnz wrote:You can wait for the Visonic plugin (I assume it will be able to arm/disarm)
Visonic plugin? now there is something I haven't read about.

I know about the Visonic plugin to work with the RFXcom (I have my eye already on that), is this plugin working with the powerlink?
johnz

Post by johnz »

Even better, it will work without / replace the Powerlink
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6534
Uriel

Post by Uriel »

Okay, Today I have bought the Visonic Powermax complete set for €345,-- via Ebay.

ebay.nl/itm/VISONIC-POWERMAX-WIRELESS-C ... 2eb6e78030

This set has more than the dutch kit edition:

Control Panel with Autodialer, External siren, 2 x Pet Sensitive Passive Infra-red Detectors, 1x Door Contact and 2 x One Way Remotes

So that is lot more for les money!

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”