Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Mfr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Conenct Ajax-Kidde heat/fire detector to Visonic MCT-302

Post by Mfr »

Hi,

I read the following post on this forum http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?t=3053. It gave me the idea to connect my firealerters to the Visonic. Therefore I would like to know if I could attach an Ajax Fire alerter to a Door/Window contact MCT-302? Connecting these to the Visonic is new for me so I need help.

To get an impression of the alerter to be connected look at warmteservice.nl/product/75259205/brand ... back-up.do. The Ajax-Kidde heat/fire detector has a red led light which goes on in case of fire (and the siren going on). Could I connect this in any way to the MCT-302 EOL connection? Should I use the 47 kOhm resistor? If it is possible I could post some pictures of the internal Ajax-Kidde heat/fire detector. I am not afraid to use the soldier Iron I just don't know what is needed to make a connection. Which materials do I have to buy? How do I find out?

Possibly I have a easier route. There is optional item available to make external connections out of the box its the MKR23, see homecare-huisautomatisering.nl/zen-cart ... ts_id=2171. On top I could fit the fire alerter. The manual is here kiddefyrnetics.co.uk/utcfs/ws-405/Asset ... MK23RU.pdf. This PDF file says it can be used with Firex Alarms. It gives a Normally closed (NC) and Normally Open (NO) inputs. Could I make an easy connection to the MCT302 if I buy this item? I think this should work but I'm affraid buying something which will never work. How should I connect this?

I appreciate any help, tips or hints.

Mark
Mfr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Conenct Ajax-Kidde heat/fire detector to Visonic MCT-302

Post by Mfr »

I went for the second route ant bought the MKR23. Connected the NC of Ajax Fire alerter with a small wire to the external input of the MCT302 (without a resistor). Changed the dip switch 2 of the MCT302 to the right position. Programmed the MCT302 as a fire alarm on the Powermax and it works like a charm, I get an alarm on the Powermax when the fire alarm
goes off.

Mark
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

why not buy directly visonic firealerts, then you have Batt Status, alive status and more inputs on the visonic panel available.
Mfr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mfr »

I didn't want to change too much as the current setup works fine. The Ajax-Kidde heat/fire detecters are integrated in the House and make use of the 220Volt, which I considered as a plus. This setup has about now the same functionality, though less userfriendly. EG Ajax-Kidde also manages the batt status. The Ajax-Kidde has a 9 volt backup battery, when it goes empty it produces a very annoying BEEP (mostly at night :( ).

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”