Plugwise Smile P1

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
brammh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Plugwise Smile P1

Post by brammh »

Can somebody share how to get the Smile P1 data in Source?
Seems not so straightforward, I assume the source webserver must be running (hope not though).

THanks for sharing,
bram
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

You add the Smile into the Source, same thing as the circles. You run the Source or Webserver to pull the data from your devices. The circles and Smile can handle the data itselfs from, i thought, 30 days depending on the frequency. Afterwards you can use the Source to get an overview realtime or data from a longer period.
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
brammh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brammh »

Rutger wrote:You add the Smile into the Source, same thing as the circles
hmm, I tried that. I start the 'settings' -> 'add module' and provide the only hex number that's on the smile (prefixed with "smile_xxxxxx"), not working tough...
Think I'll need to contact plugwise for support. Thanks for your response anyhow!

cheers, bram
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

You'll have to install the latest Source version (at least 2.22.20120701.0) and to add the Smile, the easiest way it to use the configuration wizard, you can find it in the start menu and than the map Plugwise Source.
In the main screen you can select "I installed a Smile and I'll add it to the Source", and follow the instructions.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Rutger wrote:15 days ago I send a mail to Plugwise because of the wrong timeframes.
Today they answer me that it was issue who has to be fixed by the developers for the smile/app and hopefully also the source.
Via software updates they will inform us about the solution.
The 'Energiekrijgers' ios app is updated last week, but the problem with the wrong timeframe isn't solved yet.
I can't see that hourly and week data anymore, only day, month and years stats.. for both Energy and Gas.
There isn't also new Source update available. I hope they will fixed it, ever...
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

I send Plugwise Support a reminder yesterday about the wrong time frames and this morning I received already feedback from them. They promised to solve this problem asap, but hey can't say a date.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Still no feedback from Plugwise for the wrong timeframe problem. I think the sales department is much more important than after sales at Plugwise..
I have the first release of the Smile (15.3.7, see app).
Is here someone that have a later version of the Smile with the correct timeframe?
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Last week Plugwise confirmed me that they are working on a firmware update for the 'old'/first release Smiles.
It should than be possible to use the internal webserver to see more pages than the limited usage at this moment.
The realeasedate of this new firmware is still unknown.
Mediacj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mediacj »

Well I installed the new firmware for the older Smile's and yes I can reach the internal web-server now, BUT I can't access the Smile data anymore within Source and that was my main portal to the Smile :(
So be alert when Source is also important for you.

Anyone else whit this problem?
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

No problems here, still all the data in Source.
Updated yesterday evening, Source version is 2.23.
All data is there.
Maybe install the Smile in Source again?
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

First update failed after several minutes. Second try was a success. Smile version is now 15.3.10 (was 15.3.7).
Energy and Gas devices are still updated in Homeseer, with Source 2.23.

I haven't tried it yet if the timeframe issue is solved.

Edit: In the main screen of Source, I don't see the actual usage of the Energy and Gas meter anymore. Only the total usage of all devices together. In settings I see the actual usage of Energy and this is equal to the Homeseer device.
jjdoom
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jjdoom »

Yesterdag i had a warning on my smile p1 (first generations) to update.

When i did the update, i had version 15.3.10 After that ik got a other update warning to 15.3.11 The explenation for this update was that it was a update to prepare it for 1.25.?? (can't rember the correct number)

When i did this and waited for 10 minutes, nothing happend. After 2 hour waiting stil no respons. So i restarted the smile P1. After the reboot the status led is on, but nothing happends. Also after a reset the same behavour.

Any body else had the same ?

John
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

So my Smile was first updated to the v15.3.7. Everytime I opened the app, a popup displays that there was a new firmware available.
When updating today the message was: Memory is full, device will be rebooted and the download will be started again.
This firmware should give an update to v15.3.10.
After restart of the app, there was again a new firmware available.
The app said it will update from 15.3.11(?) to 1.2.5.
After 5 minutes the new update is installed without problems.

Finally, according app:
Smile version: 1.2.5
App version: 1.5.12
Mediacj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mediacj »

There has been a new version released of the last firmware and my problems are solved! So I can access the Smile date in Source again and the WiFi connection is stable again :)

EDIT 31-03-2013:
I Think Plugwise wants us to buy their Plugwise subscription cause the data in Source is now synchronous with the data on the portal of Plugwise :( So you need the Plugwise subscription to get your data into source and that is different from the previous firmware version. Anyone else who saw this? My portal data is more then a day old (as happens to often) and so is my Source data now.

If you use Smilereader you still can get access to the actual recent data on the Smile.

EDIT 01-04-2013
I am not so sure anymore that Plugwise did change the Source data behavior to let you subscribe to the Plugwise data they are both actual now but I thought yesterday evening Source was more actual then the Portal. My Wifi connection is more stable as I mentioned before but now I have to reset the Smile once or more a day to keep it working :( This new firmware is not a step forward.
Last edited by Mediacj on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjdoom
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jjdoom »

I will wait to update my other smile P1. The other one is stil not working. And the main reason i have the smile P1 is for source.

Did you already have data in source?

Return to “Plugwise Forum”