SMS - Android - HomeSeer

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

raymonvdm

SMS - Android - HomeSeer

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m not sure how to explain but i have the following wish

I`m using a Android phone and would like to perform HomeSeer actions when i recieve a message from a given contact.
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
mo046

Re: SMS - Android - HomeSeer

Post by mo046 »

Install tenHsServer (tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsServer/defa ... fault.aspx) in Homeseer.
tenHsServer is a single web page that processes requests specified in the URL that loads it, and displays a page (returns html that contains the result of request)
Use the program "Tasker" on your Android phone and set up an event triggered by the SMS from a specific sender, that starts an action to send a http request (request a web page) to tenHsServer
** Maurice **
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Do you mean the tasker app that is costing €4.49 ? Are there any freeware alternatives ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

raymonvdm wrote:Do you mean the tasker app that is costing €4.49 ? Are there any freeware alternatives ?
There's nothing like Tasker ...
Believe me, it's worth every penny !
HomeSeer - PlugWise - RFXComm - Philips Pronto TSU9800/9600/9300
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

Besides, you can download a trial via the dev homepage which gives you insight in what you want to do.

*edit* webpage for reference: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I have found a freeware alternative

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kage&hl=en
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m trying to use AutomatIT and tenHsServer and although is should work it is not working yet.

When i open the url to run the event from a browser using thenHsServer is dropped because i`m not logged in using HomeSeer authentication (I want HomeSeer to denied al request until login)

Is there anyway to bypass this for the tenHsServer ?
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

mo046 wrote:Install tenHsServer (tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsServer/defa ... fault.aspx) in Homeseer.
tenHsServer is a single web page that processes requests specified in the URL that loads it, and displays a page (returns html that contains the result of request)
Use the program "Tasker" on your Android phone and set up an event triggered by the SMS from a specific sender, that starts an action to send a http request (request a web page) to tenHsServer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell it is not possible to trigger an event using tenHsServer ?
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Your wish i my command:

From the manual

RunEvent
f=RunEvent
d=EventName
Example: ?t=12&f=RunEvent&d=LeavingHouse
Bram
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

Sorry, only looked at the overview html page :-(
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Today i took another shot on this plugin but is it not working as i want.

When my phone is unlocked and someone sends me a sms. The browser opens and the TenHSserver is responding and the event is run. But i need to disable login for local network on homeseer. And my phone needs to be unlocked ( this is not a normal situation)

The next step is to take a different approach. I now want to do the next thing

- Phone is recieving a sms (works)
- AutomateIT app on the phone is configured to send a new sms on reception of the first sms (works even if the phone is locked)
- The second sms is directed to my HomeSeer Nokia 6230 (works)
- The sms is read by HomeSeer en the needed event is run (not working)

I`m trying to get this going using the following plugin. I`m not sure when this plugin was written and for witch HS version

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”