Bellfires Gas firplaces

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

Henk

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Henk »

I got a gas fireplace with a remote control on 433MHz with the function to ignite the fire, higher/lower and stop the fire.

Is it easy to control this fireplace by the RFXcom devices ? It is not just a matter of self learning like with the IR remote control devices ?

To ignite the fireplace you have to hold two buttons at the same time likely to prevent unwanted ignition. May be this will be problem to control this remote control by RFXcom.

If not , will consider the trick of opening the control and solder some wires and hook it all up to relays.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Snelvuur »

A url pointing to the gas fireplace or some greater specs is nice (and wanted if the rfxcom author wants to take a look at it)
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by b_weijenberg »

Henk,

All codes in the RFXCOM receivers and transmitter are hard coded and there is no learning option.
If you have the possibility to bring me the remote we can check if it is possible to add coding to the transmitter.

Bert
Henk

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Henk »

I don't have any specs ..... the Bellfires company is just buying it from Mertik Maxitrol model G6R H4T1 see http://www.mertikmaxitrol.com/pdf/gv60/ ... 7.2006.pdf

This company is specialized in gas valves/control .. likely they just buying the RF stuff from another RF supplier. Also some warnings on safety issues in the user manual...... wondering if it is allowed to ignite a fireplace automatically without human presence and by computer control ..... although it will be safer to do it in case of an explosion !! Also if a monkey can hit all the buttons on the control in any random order - it should never cause any risk ... the valve systeem should be all protected against all stupid human or homecontrol operation.

Also wondering why they are using 433 MHz .... my cheap remote temperature sensor on 433MHz. was interfering with the receiver of the fireplace .... so when the temperature outdoor sensor was sending once a minute - it turned off the fireplace .... took some time before discovering the link ..... switching to another channel solved the problem. It may be reverse possible too and turning the fireplace on during the summer holiday ..... May be some smart pre caution has been build into the design so just pressing two buttons at the samen time may do the trick of accidential igniting by another device ...

May be getting a spare remote control for analysis if that will help ?

Henk
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by b_weijenberg »

Henk,

I guess that the 2 button press only results in a different code. If the outdoor sensor is able to switch off the fireplace it is also possible to switch it on. Bad choice to use 433.92 because it is used by a lot of other equipment.

Send me the standard remote and I will have a look.

Bert
Niknik

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Niknik »

Most likely the 2 button press is a simple "AND" circuit, to prevent accidental pressing on a single button. It will most likely still send just a "single" command to turn the fire on.
mories
Starting Member
Starting Member

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by mories »

I hope Henk and Bert are "listening" to this post. I am currently in the process of a little rebuild in our home. A few days ago a Dru fireplace was installed. And now I was hoping to control the fireplace using Homeseer and Rfxcom.
So I did a google search on "mertik maxitrol g6r-h4t1" the code of the remote control, and the first hit was a link to the manual, and the second hit was is a link to this post.

I was wondering if it is possible to control the fireplace with Rfxcom.

Greets,
Maurice
Henk

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Henk »

Maurice,

Do you have a picture of the remote control - like to see it ... and check if I got the same ....

You may contact Bert - and consider to send the remote control to him so he can analyse the rf coding and can tell if RFXcom can handle it.

regards,

Henk
mories
Starting Member
Starting Member

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by mories »

Hello Henk,

I've made two pictures of my remote.

I already contacted Bert, and since he is a very busy man, he suggested that I could send him the remote somewhere next summer. I wouldn't need my fireplace at that time :-)

Next week when I have installed my Homeseer pc I will try to see wat the RXComreceiver util will show when I use the remote.
I haven't had the chance to check this out.

Ren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Ren »

Henk,
I have the same remote for my fireplace of Faber. Please let me know you when you have the RF code. It would be great to use it here too in my project..

Rene
Henk

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Henk »

It is the same remote i got ... so far didn't spend any effort to find out the RF coding .... it looks like Bert has the right gear of doing reverse engineering and showing interest to find out.
Special interest to find out the coding for the ignition because you have to hold two buttons in order to ignite the fireplace ... wondering if it only one RF coding or a combination of RF signals to prevent any ignition from a false RF code.

So wait till the summer .......

Henk
Marco
Starting Member
Starting Member

Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by Marco »

Hi All!

I'm also looking for a solution to send signals with my harmony 885 to my Faber fireplace.

Faber is also using the 'Mertik Maxitrol G6R - H4T1' as the remote control.

Did someone already succeed in converting the RF signals to IR signals and how can I learn my 885 these signals?

Thanks!

Regards,

Marco
DRuw
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Bellfires Gas firplaces

Post by DRuw »

Hi guys,
I know this is an old (very old) thread but did somebody know if this RF code is known and working?
Ik got the same fireplace and remote and it would be very nice to have this controlled by the RFXCOM.
Thanks for letting me know!
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Yes, the G6R - H4T1 and the G6R - H4TB Mertik Maxitrol can be emulated by the RFXtrx433.
See Will support at http://www.rfxcom.com/store/Transceivers/12103

And chapter 2.2 in http://www.rfxcom.com/Documents/RFXtrx% ... 0Guide.pdf
visiting professor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by visiting professor »

My Bellfires gas fire place is operated with a Mertik Maxitrol G6R-H4TV21-B. The remote's temperature display is too high (by a number of degrees centigrade that varies around two). Any suggestion to have this adjusted?

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”