This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

MarQuez
Starting Member
Starting Member

Opentherm gateway plugin for Vera?

Post by MarQuez »

Hi,

I also posted this question already in the general topic of the gateway but maybe this was overlooked.

Is there someone who made (or still building) a plugin to use the OTG with Vera?

If not, is someone willing to help creating this plugin, because at the moment i have zero experience with creating a plugin for vera. I just started reading through the documentation for creating a plugin and looking into the basics.

Thanks
flue
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Opentherm gateway plugin for Vera?

Post by flue »

I'm planning to build this plugin. I'm waiting for my LAN/WIFI converter. After this i will build a plugin which will be connected to this converter.

Because Vera always communicated thru a ser2net converter i expect a serial or USB interface will work fine also. I'll keep you updated.
Buy opentherm gateway PCB's, kits or assembled PCB's: http://www.opentherm-gateway.com/
Special discount for this forum using the following coupon code: domoticaforum.eu
MarQuez
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MarQuez »

That would be very nice!
Let us know when you have something ready to test.
For now i have i the gateway connected to Domotiga, but this is not ideal because i need to switch between apps to use the gateway.
MarQuez
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MarQuez »

Flue,

You already started with building the plugin yet? I don't want to put pressure on it but was curious if some progress has been made.
If I maybe can help with something just let me know.
flue
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by flue »

Marquez,

I'm very busy with helping every out with the opentherm gateway kit. In the spare time i have left i'm looking up all information about building the plugin. I'm experienced with Lua, this is not the problem. I've got some problem getting the right information how to build a thermostat plugin, using the existing templates which are compatible with android/iphone clients.

Lots of research. If anyone can help me in the right direction (besided micasaverde wiki and other projects source) this would be great.
Buy opentherm gateway PCB's, kits or assembled PCB's: http://www.opentherm-gateway.com/
Special discount for this forum using the following coupon code: domoticaforum.eu
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

Hello,

Is there any update arround this plugin?
Regards,
DJ

Post by nlrb »

A plugin is now available on the MCV forum: OpenTherm Gateway plugin.
nlrb

Post by nlrb »

Information & plugin code can now be found via the mios Wiki: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_opentherm-gateway.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”