Gateway diagnostics

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

hvxl

Gateway diagnostics

Post by hvxl »

I have published some diagnostic firmware for the opentherm gateway. Give it a whirl if you want to investigate error messages, or if you're just interested in all the gritty details of the signals the opentherm gateway processes.
Schelte
Hanco
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Gateway diagnostics

Post by Hanco »

Dear Schelte,

Last week i built the OTG which was my first PCB soldering project. When connected I only got response from the Master so decided to use your troubleshooting guide listed on your opentherm site. I have attached the results. There is clearly no comms from the boiler. As listed in the attached results I tried the diagnostic test 4 but got the message "there appears to be no loop between the interfaces" so got stuck there as far as diagnoses. Fyi, to create the loop on the interfaces For test 4, I connected pin 1 slave to pin 1 master, and pin 2 slave to pin 2 master. Hope you or anybody else on the forum can point me inthe right direction to make this work.

Thanksmin advance and for a great product
hvxl

Re: Gateway diagnostics

Post by hvxl »

Hanco,

I guess your post took a while to get through moderation. I saw in the mean time you also posted the same question on http://home.xmsnet.nl/openthermprotocol/. As I indicated there, you probably mixed up some zener diodes. D10 should be the 15V one.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”