Visonic Powermax Pro UK version same as Dutch version?

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Mars
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Powermax Pro UK version same as Dutch version?

Post by Mars »

The Powermax Pro and sensors seem to be about 30% cheaper in the UK, compared to the lowest Dutch prices.

Does anyone know if the UK and Dutch Powermax Pro version are the same?
And what about the sensors? They use the same 868Mhz version as far as I can see!

If there are no issues, I'm very tempted to save the €500 price difference for the exact same setup :oops:

Other question: if I use the powerlink2, I assume the connection to HomeSer should be one of the 868Mhz receivers out there, since there is not a second serial connection to connect the plugin?
olof

Re: Visonic Powermax Pro UK version same as Dutch version?

Post by olof »

Hi Mars,

I ( and several other forum members) have bought Visonic systems and sensors in the UK. At my house (in NL) they work fine.

Cheers,
Olof
Mars
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mars »

That is good to hear!

Some Dutch shops emphasize the fact they sell the "NL" version, as if it differs from the UK/D/BE versions...
All I could find is that - some years ago - the UK version did not have the partition option, but now it seems it has 4 partitions, where Dutch resellers talk about 3 partitions...

I guess the other forum members also bought Visonic and sensors in the UK just because of the price difference?

BTW: any shop recommendations (if that is allowed on this forum?) ?
olof

Post by olof »

Hi Mars,

I and other forum members in 2010/2011 saw Visonic ads on Ebay UK. The ads were run by Bob Amabile of Diamond Security Systems. And yes, I/we bought in the UK because of the price differences. I had very little knowledge of installing professional alarm systems and the Visonic manuals are @#$!. Bob patiently answered my questions.
At that time Bob/Diamond Security Systems got so much business from NL forum members that he joked of considering starting up a business over here.

I don't know if he is still actively selling Visonics to end-users (official policy of VIsonic at that time did not allow it...) but here some details I found on my 2011 invoice:

Diamond Security Systems (UK) Limited
Bob Amabile
40 Radipole Road
Poole
Dorset
BH17 8BY
Tel: 0800 043 1326
email: sales@dssuk.com
www.dssuk.com

Cheers,
Olof
Mars
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mars »

I checked their website, but can't access the Visonic part (get empty screen), nor the shop itself - tried several browsers...

But since you own a UK version, could you answer the following questions:
- Language (speech) is UK, or can it be changed to Dutch?
- The PowerLink2 is always UK?
olof

Post by olof »

I never looked if Dutch was possible, I always worked in UK language. (for most of stuff, including software)

Powerlink2 I don't know. But if you search on this Forum you will find many info on this. I think 'Bwired' was one main contributor
Mars
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mars »

I did find some info from either bwired or digit where they tried to change the speech chip, but failed...

A Dutch manual can be downloaded, so that is not the problem.

Still surprised by the price differences. The Touchpad is around £75 in the UK and over €200 over here...
One should indeed start a webshop, buy from UK resellers and make a nice profit.

I will contact some UK webshops.
Romac
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Romac »

This is a very interessting topic as I'm also looking into buying a Visonic system. In the UK webshops I also see a lot of 433 MHz equipment. I believe here everything is 868 MHz. Is 433 an option or illegal or less secure?
olof

Post by olof »

Personally I wouldn't buy an alarm system operating on the 433 Mhz band. This is a very crowded space, all the cheap/fun consumer electronics stuff operates on this band, your stuff but also all the stuff from your neighbors. Primary reason, there is no license needed for manufacturers and hence easier & cheaper for them to use. Vs other frequencies such as 868Mhz.

The 868 Mhz is license-restricted and used by all professionally installed systems.

Regarding Visonic, the system should be a Powermax system. Either Pro or Complete. But perhaps there are now other Visonics which are able to be integrated with Homeseer/RFXCom, I don't know. Search this forum for much, much more detailed information on the integration possibilities!

For reference, see enclosed my UK cost for my system (feb 2011). I had not looked at this list for quite a while. It confronted me with an outstanding ToDo; to finally activate my Powerlink with Homeseer... :roll:

Good luck!
Olof
Attachments
Visonic Powermax Quote Feb 2011.jpg
Visonic Powermax Quote Feb 2011.jpg (297.34 KiB) Viewed 11891 times
Romac
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Romac »

Thanks for this information. I stay with 868 Mhz for sure.
HS3, Z-Wave Network, CommandFusion GUI
Mars
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mars »

A quick look at those prices tell me prices have not gone up very much...

I did contact some resellers, but sofar no response. I don't hope the outlook.com problems are causing this...
I think I wil resend those emails from a different addres.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Mars where did you order, i am also looking to buy a visonic system
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”