Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

j666gak
Starting Member
Starting Member

PowerLink2

Post by j666gak »

Hello,

I originally thought when buying the PowerMax what a great idea it would be to have it sending the logs to Splunk, so I bought the PowerLink2 module. It wasn't quite as simple as I thought it would be, as I didn't realise that the module was really just meant to be for monitoring stations.

I have seen that the members on here have done some great work with the PowerLink2 and was hoping that that you may have some information that would help me to receive logs via PowerLink. I may also integrate some of the commands to set the alarm etc within Splunk.

I decided that I would try and get it to work anyway. So while running Wireshark I could see that PowerLink was trying to talk with my laptop on dst_port 8080, and I set Splunk to receive traffic on TCP port 8080. Every two minutes the PowerLink keeps sending the below. At first I thought it was related to authentication, and then saw it mentions update.php and upgrade_status???

Code: Select all

GET /scripts/update.php?serial=00a0a0&id=ID&account=001234&ver_sw=6.3.2&ver_hw=123&ver_var=6000&upgrade_status=0&configuration_status=0 HTTP/1.1
Host: X.X.X.X:8080
Accept: */*
I have never done any scripting or coding before and come from a networking background, but a fast learner and would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”