Slow z-wave

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

christiand

Slow z-wave

Post by christiand »

Since I migrated to an esxi 5 setup with a Windows Server 2012 VM for HomeSeer my z-wave commands are sometimes a bit slow. I wonder if this is because of the com port settings in Windows. De Aeon Labs Z-Stick 2 has a default com port configuration of 9600 baud. Is there a preferred default for the aeon labs z-stick?

raymonvdm

Re: Slow z-wave

Post by raymonvdm »

Did you setup VT-D for the usb controller which holds the aeon-labs stick ?

The settings of my comport (also Aeon Labs no VMware anymore)

Bits 9600
Data Bits 8
Parity None
Stop Bits 1
Flow Control None

Did you also move the stick to another location in the house ? (Mine is hanging on the ceeling for better z-wave signal)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
christiand

Post by christiand »

I have enabled vt-d. Added a usb controller and the usb zwave stick directly to the VM will try to relocate the usb stick more to an open spot with a 3m usb extension cable.
christiand

Post by christiand »

Since I relocated the usb stick the z-wave network seems more responsive. I am going to try to for a longer extension cable to have the stick more central in the house. Thanks for the suggestion
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

christiand wrote:Since I relocated the usb stick the z-wave network seems more responsive. I am going to try to for a longer extension cable to have the stick more central in the house. Thanks for the suggestion
I don`t think it needs to be more central. I just needs to be away from you system/psu/large metal casing

I just have it hanging on a cord to get it in this position (not my picture)

Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”