Btraced Track & Trace for Android

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Btraced Track & Trace for Android

Post by Bwired »

check digits blog about btraced
http://blog.hekkers.net/2013/08/13/btra ... o-fencing/
also sample ASP.NET upload code for btraced is available now
http://www.btraced.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=435
123unlock

Post by 123unlock »

One feature i'm also missing in the android app.. and should be very handy is an button on the home screen to upload your current location to btrace or in my case my own server. this can be used to make a quick check-in on a location. now we first have to select a trip, then enable tracking etc.

think a lot of domotica users should prefer this more than a complete trip log, just to notify home system about the current location

and also make the "startup" splash screen time configurable.. now it takes 4 a 5 secs to get in the application

Best regards,

Robert
Xtrusion Digital Home Automation Project
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

We are busy with a btraced positioning function in a new version. A quick upload can be part of that as well, i will utit on the list.
Also the splash screen, i agree with that, after 2 times it gets annoying :-)
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i have a two year old htc sensation, when i set trip on, the battery is empty after 4 hours, even if i select to update points at half an hour.
Irritanterik

Post by Irritanterik »

When I started a trip at work my phone had no GPS signal as long as I was in the building. But Google Maps knows exactly where I am (based on wifi or some other triangular cell method). Is it posible to use 'the best available' location in a future release of the app? It prevents battery drain and improve tracing in buildings.
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Did you use the accuracy setting, when set to less it has to use the wifi and cell also if needed, also less batt.
For the positioning version we will also check ways to let gps go to sleep etc. Battery consumption should be much lower then.
Irritanterik

Post by Irritanterik »

Missed that setting, thanx!
Now looking forward to 'tripless' tracking.
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave

Return to “Bwired Forum”