TSU9600 and xanura rfix35

Forum about hardware/software for the Philips Pronto TSU9600 and other remotes.

Moderator: hvxl

Jeffke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jeffke »

hi All

Tomorrow I will (hopefully) get my TSU 9600 together with the rfx9600 extender. I've read somewhere that it is possible to control x10 devices directly from the remote in combination with the rfix35. Is this true, and what should the command structure be (I served arround a bit but i can't seem to find any xcf files for that)

I already have the majority of the house automated (not in such extend as Pieter did, really impressive) and I hope to contribute to this forum in the near future

Cheers

Jeff
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

If you use homeseer, you can use the prontronic plugin which allows easy integration with your home automation. Then you can map buttons with homeseer events. The rfix35 only listens to RF signals, and as far as i know the tsu9600 doesn't send out any RF signals, it only uses wifi to connect to your network (or straight to your rfx9600, depending on your installation)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Jeff,
I think you mean the Xanura IRIX35 http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=292 which can translate IR to Xanura commands over the powerline. How do you control your X10 at this moment.
btw did you see this topic http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=550
Jeffke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jeffke »

Hi Erik

Thanks, I've found the topic related to my question, and now I see that I did not read it correctly. Pieter was talking about the RU980 [8D]:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Met de Philips Pronto Pro, type RU980 kunt u al uw afstandbedieningen samenvoegen in een schitterend apparaat. Met behulp van gebruiksvriendelijke software stelt u zelf de menu's samen waarmee u al uw apparaten via het touchscreen kunt bedienen, inclusief XanuraHome. Met de Pronto Pro kunt u eenvoudig macro's samenstellen waardoor u bijvoorbeeld met één druk op de knop uw TV en Home Cinema uitschakelt evenals alle lampen in de woonkamer.

Het .pcf bestand dat u kunt downloaden bevat templates die u direct kunt inlezen in de software van uw Pronto Pro. Indien gewenst kunt u de voorgeprogrammeerde knoppen toevoegen aan het door u zelf samengestelde menu. Het.pcf-bestand bevat templates voor zowel infrarood als radiofrequent signalen.

De Philips Pronto Pro kan direct communiceren met de XanuraHome infrarood ontvanger IRIX35 en de XanuraHome radiofrequent ontvanger RFIX35 van Eaton.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I don't use homeseer at the moment. I will see what I will do. At the moment I'm using an Ipronto together with an IR-RS232 converter for controlling the X10 devices. For the time being I will keep on using the convertor with the TSU9600 and figure out what the best way foreward is.

Cheers

Jeff
Jeffke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jeffke »

Hi Pieter (and Erik offcourse)

At the moment I have a kind of legacy installation.

In the past I owned a B&O system controlled by the BEO4 remote. I bought an IR-RS232 convert from lintronic (www.lintronic.dk) At that time it was the only convertor capable of receiving B&O IR signals.
The converter is attached (serial) to a marmitek XM10 interface.

So it is a bit of an overhead know so I will replace it (soon) to something more appropriate.

I was thinking about installing a HS. Do a little bit of programming in .net etc. but for some reason I don't like the idea of having a PC running 24/7. Maybe this has to do with my experiences on windows machines [:D]. One thing I'm now thinking of is the building my own interface , and since I do have the rfx9600, connect this to the interface using rs232
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

I think you can experiment with the irtrans perhaps, its IR, but can be controlled via network. I think (not sure) you should be able to control it via the tsu9600 aswell.

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Philips Pronto (TSU9600), IRtrans and other remotes”