reception Pi vs. PC

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

rstolk
Starting Member
Starting Member

reception Pi vs. PC

Post by rstolk »

I recently bought a usb transceiver to use with Domoticz on a RaspberryPi

Awaiting the Pi to be delivered I did a windows install of domoticz and the rfxcom first

When the Pi arrived I switched to that device, unfortunately i do not receive all the sensors I did on the PC

I do not receive the wind meter on my roof any more at all with the Pi, where I did with the PC, an other example is the rain meter, on the PC it was ween more or less every minute on the Pi about once every 10 minutes, most of the temperature sensors work on both the Pi and the PC, as do the KaKu dimmers.

Any suggestions how to get the Pi to receive all the sensors that the PC does ?

Thnaks
Richard
wwolkers

Re: reception Pi vs. PC

Post by wwolkers »

raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think he means an RFXcom reciever. You could try a powered USB hub to see if this helps
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
maxwellhadley
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by maxwellhadley »

I have found a similar issue with my new RFXtrx433 USB transceiver. When connected to a cheap Compaq tower PC, I am receiving messages from a neighbour's Oregon temperature/humidity sensor, as well as from my HomeEasy remotes (using rfx manager). When the RFXtrx is connected to a Beaglebone Black, I only receive the HomeEasy devices (using node.js + node-rfxcom). When the RFXtrx is connected to an iMac, again I receive only HomeEasy. On the Mac I have tried both node-rfxcom and a short C program I wrote to dump bytes received from the /dev/tty.usbserial-xxxxxxx device. I have confirmed I can send (AC) messages to my HomeEasy sockets OK, as well as receive. I'm on firmware 71.

I suspect this may be an RF issue. I've tried a different USB cable other than the one supplied, which is longer & has a ferrite at the device end. I also tried switching off all the computers, and powering the RFXtrx433 from a USB power supply. Looking at the yellow LED, I can see HomeEasy messages being received, but not the Oregon sensor (which appears to transmit about every 50 seconds).

Since it's not my sensor, I don't know exactly where it is!

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”