zwave binding for OpenHAB

Forum about OpenHAB open Source Home Automation.

Moderator: raymonvdm

raymonvdm

zwave binding for OpenHAB

Post by raymonvdm »

Yesterday i made another attempt to replace my HS2 system with OpenHAB because i don't want to spend money on HS3 plug-ins. In the past i made a basic setup and it is sort of working for rfxcom sensors (temp/humidity) and now i have added the zwave binding.

I'm able to switch my Duwi switches and dimmers but dimming is not working. The switching of fibaro relais and dimmers is not working at all. Neither is the recieving of door sensors the log is showing the zwave messages but the devices in the item file fail

When i place the example of a zwave powerbar in the item file OpenHAB stops working because it cannot find my groups in the item file. I have to restore the item file from svn to get going again. * This issue seems to be related to notepad which is killing the file layout

Summary

Duwi switch: Working
Duwi dimmer: Working
Fibaro Dimmer: Working * Dimming works when using the ipad app, the browser does not
Everspring SM103: Working
Greenwave 6 node Powerbar: Working
Greenwave 1 node Powerbar: Working
Fibaro Dual Relay: Working (NodeID:1 for port 1 / NodeID:2 for port 2)

Work in progress....

Fibaro Universal Sensor: Not working
Aeon Labs HEM3: Not tested yet

I think other people had more succes, please share your findings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
GertK

Re: zwave binding for OpenHAB

Post by GertK »

Raymon,

My experience is more positive. I use the latest version of the binding, which is quickly improving in quality. The special version, which is included in Habmin (https://github.com/cdjackson/HABmin) has alway the latest updates, as Chris is the one who is currently contributing the most to the Zwave binding. Work in progress is still automatic recovering from bad zwave connections and of course adding new devices. You can post issues on the mentioned github page.
Some of the devices we have in common. So i can confirm that they work without problems for me. Did you check the logfile to see if there are zwave messages ?
I have no zwave dimmers, but the fibaro fgs221 dual relay switches are working fine here and the Greenwave 6 port powerbar too. Can you post the item definitions for these devices ?

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Tonight i made some progress on this and some devices are working now but i have to do some other devices to get it all up and running

Item file for Fibaro dual relay

Code: Select all

Switch	Light_FF_Badkamer_Badkamer	"Badkamer"	(FF_Bath)		{ zwave="26:1" }
Switch	Light_FF_Badkamer_Badmeubel	"Badmeubel"	(FF_Bath)		{ zwave="26:2" }

Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
GertK

Post by GertK »

Raymon,

I have a similar setup
Switch Eethoeklamp "Eethoeklamp" <switch> (Huiskamer,Licht) {zwave="8:1:refresh_interval=22"}
Switch Zithoeklamp "Zithoeklamp" <switch> (Huiskamer,Licht) {zwave="8:2:refresh_interval=22"}
The only relevant difference is that i have a refresh_interval. The lamps should also switch without it, but the display in the userinterface could be long out of sync with the lamp.Some questions to get an idea what your problem is:
1. Do the lamps show up in the userinterface ? If not , are they or the group FF_Bath in the sitemap ?
2. Can you switch the lamp manually ? If yes, is that reflected in the userinterface ?
3. Can you switch the lamp with the userinterface ?
3. Are there related errors in the openhab logfile ?

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think my issue had something to do with the startup of the Zwave binding ( it takes some time for the network to become idle)

When using the refresh option you are polling the device for status ? (which can become a problem on large networks)
GertK

Post by GertK »

The startup of openhab can go wrong sometimes. This is still investigated. I use the following workaround for that problem. I always wait until I see in the consolelog that no unexpected errors appear. E.g. locked com ports, zwave timeouts for mains powered devices, Java errors. If none of these occurs, openhab usually remains stable. To prevent these things, it helps to start openhab without the habmin io jar. As soon as everything is running smoothly, I use a .bat file to copy the jar in the addons directory and then habmin starts.

You are right that polling is a waste of CPU power, but in my case that is no problem. I use different refresh times for different devices to prevent that the refresh comes on the same moment for all devices.

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m also testing rules just to build what homeseer did for me :D

But the following rule is not working. It should switch the lights of after no sensor detection for 5 minutes, but runs as soon as the cron hits. I found the example in the demo files and tried to modify it to my needs

Code: Select all

/** 
 * Douchelamp aan bij deur open */

rule "Badkamer meubel door deur"
  when Item Door_Shower_Switch received update
then 
 sendCommand(Light_FF_Badkamer_Badmeubel, ON)
end

/**
 * Douchelamp uit bij de tijdje open of dicht */

rule "Badkamer meubel door deur uit"
	Time cron "0 * * * * ?"
then
	if(!Door_Shower_Switch.changedSince(now.minusSeconds(300))) {
		sendCommand(Light_FF_Badkamer_Badmeubel, OFF)
	}
end

Return to “OpenHAB Forum”