Circle switches itself on & off randomly by itself!

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Paulusch
Starting Member
Starting Member

Circle switches itself on & off randomly by itself!

Post by Paulusch »

Hi there,
I am suddenly having a big issue with 1 of my 28 Plugwise Circles (not a Circle+)

I am just plugging in the Circle to a regular power socket (~230V@50Hz), I hear a clicking noise (that's normal behaviour when connected to Plugwise network)
but then after a while suddenly the module switches itself off & on and off & on and so on for some time.
Then suddenly it stops doing that, but then after a while (can be minutes or even hours in-between) it repeats to do that again and again.
Very annoying and bad for connected device like a refrigator or network switch or whatever, you know what I mean)

I am not switching anything myself. The Circle seems to be having a life of it's own...
The Circle is being recognized in Source, it is using firmware version 27-06-2011, that's fine.
Just to be sure I have deleted the concerning Circle in my Source and then have reset the Circle.
That did not solve the issue, did not help, it is still switching unregularly by itself.
Even if I don't have Source active and have not even added it to the Plugwise network it is doing the switching by itself.

Does anyone else maybe have experienced this also with a Circle?
Can I do anything more to potentially fix this?
(Unfortunately I don't think I have warranty anymore, it has been more than a year ago when I bought this from Plugwise)
La Casa con el Fantasma en la Máquina
Akatar

Re: Circle switches itself on & off randomly by itself!

Post by Akatar »

just contact plugwise, there is a 2 year warrenty

plugwise says:
11.3 Gedurende een periode van vierentwintig (24) maanden na aflevering wordt het Plugwise Systeem indien
dit gebrekkig blijkt te zijn, door Plugwise kosteloos hersteld, vervangen dan wel wordt, voor zover hiervan spra
Paulusch
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paulusch »

I can contact them but then it will cost me, purchase date is 12-2010,
so no way they are gonna fix this for free. :(
La Casa con el Fantasma en la Máquina
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

Is it just one circle or more that show this problem?

If it's just one I would take the loss and replace it an sleep well again. If it'smore that I would still contact Plugwise.
**Jeroen**
T-Rex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by T-Rex »

The last couple of weeks I have a similar experience with a single circle, except for the fact that it is not switching on/off all the time, it just switches off and stays off.
After plugging it into a power socket it switches on. Then, after 2-4 minutes it switches off and stays off. Also the status in Source is changing from on to off. After that I cannot change the status to on anymore using the software. When I unplug it and plug it back into the power socket everything repeats itself.
I noticed it because it was on a schedule, on during the daytime, off during the night. Suddenly it just stayed off.

Have to check to make sure, but it probably is too old (>2 years) for warranty. :-(

The money I saved by saving energy is now well compensated by the cost of the circle and possibly a replacement circle. Not sure if I will replace it.
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

Just send them a email, in allot of cases they will send u a used module as a replacement.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”