Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

brownjl
Starting Member
Starting Member

BT VP1000 and RS232 Pinout

Post by brownjl »

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone can help.

I bought a Cheap BT VP1000 which is a Visonsic Powermax+ with a reduced firmware. The back has a 12pin RS232 connector block, does anyone have the pin out for this? Is it possible to use a usb->ttl serial cable to connect to that block? I did a search and other pinouts refer to the powerlink module and 10 pin connector.

Has anyone been able to use the reverse engineered Powerlink protocol with the VP1000? As it doesn't have the option for powerlink within in the firmware I am not sure if its possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

James
rolk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: BT VP1000 and RS232 Pinout

Post by rolk »

Hi,

Have a look here:

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... =45#p63022

It describes the pinout for a Powermax+. I'm pretty sure Powermax+'s with earlier software versions did not have Powerlink features, but could connect to this serial port with the Visonic Remote Programmer application, so you might be lucky.

Robert
aakicee
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: BT VP1000 and RS232 Pinout

Post by aakicee »

I have seen that the members on here have done some great work with the PowerLink2 and was hoping that that you may have some information that would help me to receive logs via PowerLink. I may also integrate some of the commands to set the alarm etc within Splunk.

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”