Smokedetector

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
labtec

Smokedetector

Post by labtec »

I am looking for a good and reliable smokedetector to use in combination with Homeseer, I now use RF Flamingo detectors but these
causes to much false alarms. So I am looking for Z-wave, or RF devices with a better quality, i.e. Fibaro, Visonic, or?

Advise?

Thanks in advance.
raymonvdm

Re: Smokedetector

Post by raymonvdm »

I also had issues with the Flamingo ones but after taking one unit offline they became stable. I think just one module gave to much false positives.
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Are they always connected with each other?
Or can you let them be separate?
Because of you use a rfxcom trx you can fetch the alarm message and activate the others then right?
Fischi

Post by Fischi »

Hi,
I use visonic MCT-426 smoke detectors connected to the RFXLan 868 MHz slave receiver.
They work very good.

Regards, Fischi
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

vincenttor wrote:Are they always connected with each other?
Or can you let them be separate?
Because of you use a rfxcom trx you can fetch the alarm message and activate the others then right?
The RFXcom is connected as slave to the master Flamingo (RFXcom and Master Flamingo are both on the attic) the other flamingo`s are in the staircases and livingroom and each of them look to act as a repeater. I only had issues with one flamingo and after it has been disconnected i did not have any false positives.

The MCT-426 is quit expensive (75 euro a pieces) and maybe if you need to create a new setup the Fibaro smoke sensors are a better choice since you can add them to the z-wave network
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”