Nemef Entr

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Nemef Entr

Post by DJF3 »

Team,

Has anyone heard more about the Nemef Entr? (previously Nexus)
nemef.nl/nl/site/nemef/Innovaties/Nemef ... emef-ENTR/

Expected listprice € 299,-

Q: Would there be a way to integrate this with Homeseer?
Q: Any thoughts / experiences?

DJ
olof

Re: Nemef Entr

Post by olof »

I read on their website that official launch date in NL is May 12th, so there is probably nobody yet who has one

to be continued after May 12th I would think...
olof

Post by olof »

Entr has now launched in Holland.

over at iculture.nl/nemef-entr-deurslot-app-vin ... erscanner/there is an interesting discussion happening about the Entr. De director of Nemef (Gert Lubbersen) responded and said this (in Dutch):
"Deze oplossing hebben wij zorgvuldig getest en aangepast aan wensen van eindgebruikers, op dit moment ontwikkelen wij door aan deze oplossing en kan je op afstand sturen via een home wizard box of anders systemen. Wij staan open voor alle suggesties en willen zelfs mensen uitnodigen om mee te kijken. Wij verwachten dat wij binnen enkele maanden andere vormen van automatische sloten te lanceren. Wij nodigen bij deze dan geïnteresseerden uit. Mvrgr Gert W. Lubbersen"

So perhaps there will be some type of API?

In any case, at Kickstarter a potential competitor with a better price has launched, Noki
domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=86& ... mp;t=10508
rovinge

Post by rovinge »

Last week I've received and installed the Entr + a separate Fingerprint scanner with number keypad

Installation is easy and both work like a charm. The Entr sits on the inside, replacing your existing barrel (cylinder) lock.

The Entr closes/opens the door's multilock mechanism (vijfpuntssluiting) with ease. One of the settings is that the Entr recognizes when the door is closed and then will lock the door automatically.
The fingerprint scanner/keypad is placed on the outside next to the door. You can configure 20 identities, each with two fingerprints + a code). A user can open the door by either using a fingerprint or by punching in a code.

I had some issues activating and initializing the Entr with a smartphone. However, by turning off/on the Entr and then immediately pair it with the app on your Phone solves this.

For me this solves an issue where my kids do not have to have a physical key anymore which they tend to loose sometimes. Also, I have preconfigured codes which we can provide to give somebody access in some kind of urgency/emergency when we are away.

Next will be waiting for the connection with domotica systems, but to date I could not find any updates on that than what was mentioned by Olof above.

Roel
Luuc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luuc »

Hi, I'm wondering if there is someone who's planning to built a HS3 plug-in for Nemef Entr.

Also wondering if Roel has more experience with Nemef Entr. Does't still work without issues? I saw a less hopful videoreview at Bright.nl

Regards, Luuc.
rovinge

Post by rovinge »

Bit late of a reply for @Luuc, but here goes..

Since last August I have installed a second Nemef + fingerprint scan, so now both the front and backdoor locks are Nemef controlled.

Experience is good but it does have issues every now and then.

Let me first start that at least it met my initial expectations - kids indeed do not need keys anymore and I even found myself leaving housekeys at home.
However, it does comes with the occasional challenges:

1) One of the fingerprint readers stops working once every tho months - re-seating the batteries will reset the unit and it then works again. Not sure if this has to do with the colder weather and the batteries; the other fingerprint reader does not have this. I may send this unit back for repairs if it continues to do so during this coming spring.

2) Locks sometimes do not open at the first attempt (weak signal?) but then do open on the second attempt. This is both true when using iPhone, fingerprint unit or remote control.

3) Waiting for the online function - will become available FY16Q1 - Not sure what that will give us (cannot find any info on this); Nemef delayed the release earlier with three months - I hope they not delay release again...

4) Fingerprint units - apart from the challenges above - do work like a charm... except when your fingers are wet. If you have been outside in wet weather for some time (finger getting wrinkled) then it is difficult for the fingerprint unit to recognize the scans.... It then sometimes takes 5 to 10 (!) attempts to open the lock by finger....

5) Batteries of the locks themselves are good and long-lasting. Since August I had to re-charge the locks only twice. The fingerprint unit run on AA batteries; one lock I replaced the batteries once; the other are still working on the Original batteries.

6) Although I like the doors to lock themselves automatically when the door is closed again (the Nemef lock recognizes when the door is closed, so it then can lock itself again), for our frontdoor I have changed this setting not to 'auto' lock. Two reaseon: 6a) For anyone calling at the frontdoor during daytime (deliveries, post), it is a bit of burden to unlock the unit before you can open the front door; 6b) If you have visitors (parties, cleaners, grandparents) - who are not used to unlock this locks - they have no clue how to unlock these locks from the inside when they want to go outside. See my further suggestions below....

7) If you are using two or more locks, setup and configuration of the two locks is separate, not centrally managed. Users, fingerprints, codes need to be setup with every separate locks.

What a would like to see from Nemef (Nemef, are you reading this ;-))

a) Lock timer functions that locks the door at a certain time of the day; e.g. at 22:00 hours the frontdoor locks itself automatically to night-lock. Maybe even using multiple setpoints for this function.

b) Integration with HS3 indeed...... Not so much for controlling the locks, more for reading the status of the locks (open, locked, just closed, battery levels). I can imaging that Nemef is very hesitating - even not willing - for 3rd parties to control the locks as this may pose security issues, reading statuses should not be problem. I just want the statuses showing up in HS...

c) A more estatic remote control knob for in the hallway to open a locked door, that can be nicely integrated with household power switches (e.g. Jung, Gira, other).

d) Central management of multiple locks (online function?) or ability to copy the configuration of one lock/fingerprinter unit to another. Saves a lot of fingerprint scanning......

That's pretty much it.
To summarize, yes it works good but has its 'quirks' sometimes. I do see room for further, new functions.....

Roel
Luuc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luuc »

Thnx a lot Roel for sharing your experience.

Regards, Luuc.

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”