Best Z-Wave brand?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
binkiem

Re: Best Z-Wave brand?

Post by binkiem »

I use fibaro devices with hs3 .( in a mix Xanura env with the stefxx plug-in ;-). ) The latest dimmer ( 2) has the ability to measure energy . And i think within a few months other devices will support energy. For a zwave stick Please focus on a zwave plus version if you're just starting.
arunkumar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by arunkumar »

FIBARO,a great product and easy to set up. Value for money and works seamlessly. The response time is very good.
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

As I started this discussion... let me tell you where I am now:

I have purchased the UZB stick, as it is cheap, small and supports Z-Wave plus. So far I am really happy with it, but it sometimes fails to initialize at the startup of the Z-Wave plugin from HS3 (I am running Linux). A restart of the plugin always fixes this but it is a tiny bit annoying as I always have to check the startup log for errors.

I also purchased 5 Qubino modules, one "Flush dimmer", one "Flush 1 relay" and three "Flush 2 Relay" modules. So far I like them very much, easy to build in, but the HomeSeer support is not complete yet.

- The Flush dimmer works, incl. power readings but the "Sensor Binary Reserved" (1 and 2) do not work at all, not even after polling the device. And it dims my LEDs quite nicely.
- The Flush 2 Relay is working fine, both relays and power readings work (since 3.0.1.25 z-wave plugin, before only one of the power readings worked)
- The Flush 1 Relay is yet to be installed (but as this is a "simple" switch I do not expect any issues)

I did need to change the association between the modules and HS3, and need to redo that after every full scan from HS3. By default the association is to the first group, but it needs to be set to the last group (either 3 or 4) to have realtime updates. I did not test the temperature readings as I do not have the sensor that is required for that.

I think I stick with Qubino but wait for newer Z-Wave Plus modules. I needed a few modules right now but I can wait for the rest when the Z-Wave Plus modules become available.

In the meantime I will continue searching for Z-Wave smoke detectors. Any suggestions are appreciated. I like the Fibaro's, but I have to choose between the older non-Plus devices that supports connecting to permanent power, or the newer Plus version that is only available in a battery version. I avoid battery devices as much as possible. And I like to see a Carbon Monoxide version as well...
John

Post by John »

Hi Stefxx,

In your case you have 2 independent value readings? One for relay 1 and one for relay 2?

I still have only power reading value. Which can read relay 1 and relay 2 but will add both values when relay 1 and relay 2 are on (this was fixex in Z-wave PI 3.0.1.20).

If you have an independent reading what is your Qubino FW version?

---
John
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

Hi John,

See below. I assume the "Licht kW hours" for "Begane grond Gang" is stil zero because this (led) light is only on for very brief periods. With 14,5 watt usage It takes about 7 hours before the first 0,1 kWh is reached. But perhaps something else is wrong? The "Begane Grand Veranda" is on every night and since this module is installed about 55 days ago the total seems about right to me.
Qubino Flush 2 Relay
Qubino Flush 2 Relay
QubinoFlush2Relay.png (43.88 KiB) Viewed 8522 times
Firmware 112?
Device info with firmware version
Device info with firmware version
QubinoFlush2RelayNodeInfo.png (46.25 KiB) Viewed 8522 times
John

Post by John »

Stefxx,

The only difference is that I have Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.28 App: 1.12.

I also did an exclude/include and that also did not fix the issue.

I will issue a bugzilla ticket.

---
John
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

What version of the plugin do you use? 3.0.1.25?
John

Post by John »

Yes using 3.0.1.25

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think the "Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.28 App: 1.12." can make a difference here. I have several fibaro dual relay modules and the ones with firmware 19 are working ok. But the ones with firmware 21 are sending/recieving the wrong local button updates.

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... 626#p75641
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”