RFXmeter

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

abl

RFXmeter

Post by abl »

Is the RFXmeter still produced? If I'm correct I read somewhere a few years ago that there would be a new version of that coming to the market.
abl

Re: RFXmeter

Post by abl »

After searching a few weeks I bought one and have been installing that over the last weeks (due to too little knowledge and time :D ).
Have a setup with 1 RFXPwr and 2 RFXPulse (one for water and one for gas).

Regarding the RFXPwr:
Turned out that I have a 3 phase (never noticed) wiring. The RFXPwr works perfectly at one of the three (installed by a neighbour), but I wonder if I can also use the three together somehow to measure the total power consumed. What should I do to have this working?

Regarding one of the RFXPulse (the gas is being measured correctly) but I have trouble with the RFXWater:
I bought a reed relay from Conrad and put that in my watermeter (there are two holes) after reading on the internet that this type of watermeter puts out magnetich pulses at each 0.5 liter. I wired the unit to a jack plug but whatever I do no signal is picked up by the RFXMeter. The RFXMeter is functioning, I tested that with the pulse from the gas measuring device. Anyone some ideas what I could try (did I blow up the reed relay?)?
Antoon

Post by Antoon »

Hi,

For measuring the 3 phase network I think you need a Three-phase energy meter with S0 interface.
You can connect the S0 port to your RFX.
I use this Eltako DSZ12D-3x65A 3-fase KWH meter geijkt met display
Thats the way I have it connected till I get my Plugwise Smile.
If you want you can buy the Eltako, because i am not using it anymore, but is still mounted and counting :D
- Antoon
abl

Post by abl »

Hi Antoon,

Happy to take over your unit and of course willing to wait till your Plugwise has arrived/been installed.
Might need some help/tips how to install this in my RFXmeter.

Do I need a pulse unit or can I connect to my RFXPwr module?
Antoon

Post by Antoon »

You need a pulse unit because the Eltako has a S0 (puls output)
For the Eltako you can give me a PM
- Antoon

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”