Update request for gateway source files

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

juan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Update request for gateway source files

Post by juan »

I want to change the default values for 'maximum central heating setpoint' and 'domestic hot water setpoint' in the firmware. I want to change this because when I disconnect the gateway from my computer, the thermostat shows the default values which are programmed in the firmware of the PIC16F88 again and not the values I’ve just changed with OT monitor (as long as I keep the OTGW connected to a computer, the values I gave in in OTGW are displayed on the thermostat).

But, the latest gateway.hex file is version 4.2.4 while the gateway sources file (otgw-4.2.zip) is version 4.2. Since I don’t want to lose the latest modifications to the software my question to Schelte is can you please update the source files to version 4.2.4 too?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I want to change ‘constant MAX_DHWSETPOINT=80’ to ‘constant MAX_DHWSETPOINT=65’ and ‘constant MAX_CHSETPOINT=90’ to ‘constant MAX_CHSETPOINT=70’
hvxl

Re: Update request for gateway source files

Post by hvxl »

If these values don't stick when the gateway resets (they should survive when you only disconnect the gateway from the PC), they're apparently not picked up by the boiler. So the display on the thermostat is pretty much fake. Nonetheless I have uploaded the 4.2.4 sources to the web site. Enjoy.
Schelte
juan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Update request for gateway source files

Post by juan »

Thanks for the update Schelte :)

When I connect the gateway to the computer, the control setpoint starts at 90 degrees. Then I set the values for the DHW setpoint and the CH water setpoint to 65 and 70 degrees respectively. Then the control setpoint gets down in steps to 70 degrees. Then, when I disconnect the gateway from the computer and reconnect it again, the DHW setpoint and the Max CH water setpoint are changed back to its default values (80 and 90 degrees respectively). Even when I wake up my computer when it went into sleep mode, the mentioned values are reset to its default values. Also when the boiler is burning at 57 degrees and I disconnect the USB cable, the boiler goes to 61 degrees after half a minute. When I reconnect the gateway, set the setpoint values back to the above mentioned values, the boiler goes back to 57 degrees again.
So that's why I thought the gateway didn’t store the changed values.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”