Danalock smart lock V2 announced

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
olof

Danalock smart lock V2 announced

Post by olof »

I noticed that Danalock has launched V2 of their smartlock. It looks like they have stopped producing the square looking one and are concentrating only on the round one
https://danalock.com/?page_id=35

In any case, I have bought this V2 version and will try it out on my front door as soon as I receive it. It's nice because it has z-wave but I hope their motor is strong enough for my sticky front door.

To be continued....

Olof
Bastiaan

Re: Danalock smart lock V2 announced

Post by Bastiaan »

Don't see a list of what is the difference between v1 and v2. It also seems to only handle the lock with open/close. Most locks in the Netherlands use a open/close/night locking system. My Abus motors use that system, run on external power with battery backup and do so for years many times a day.
Also wonder what insurance companies say about removing part of the structure. Most of the time they want to see a strong (blind) plate on both sides.

nice about this system is the interfacing and the flexibility. The round shape is not so smart. It needs a lot of space between the lock and the doorposts. My lock is probably already to close to the side.

Would be nice to read your experience!
olof

Re: Danalock smart lock V2 announced

Post by olof »

Hi Bastiaan,

I will post my experience as soon as possible.

Can you tell me which Abus you are using?

thanks

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”