PMIX35 drivers for OSX?

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
thewall
Starting Member
Starting Member

PMIX35 drivers for OSX?

Post by thewall »

Hi giys, been out of HomeAutomation for a while but recently started up the PMIX35 again. Trying to get the comms going on a Raspberry Pi. I saw on the usermanual pdf that PMIX is supported by Mac (OSX) as well. I spent the best part of an hour to find software, but I failed.
Does anybody knows if 4-years old PMIX35 can be reached (and updated) from a Mac? Any free available software to do so?

Thanks!

__Frank
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: PMIX35 drivers for OSX?

Post by stefxx »

The PMIX35 is basically a serial device with a USB2serial adapter build in: "CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller".

So you have to look for the CP2102 driver. I don't know anything about OSX but on Linux you need to do "insmod cp210x.ko" to load the drivers (which need usbserial.ko).
thewall
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by thewall »

Hi Stefxx,
Thanks for the reply, and yes I'm aware of it. My PMIX35 is attached to my Plug computer running Linux (of course) and will shortly move to a Raspberry Pi. It was just that I reviewed the manual, now published by Haibrain, that speaks about:

2.1 PMIX35 communicatie driver
De PMIX35 is voorzien van een USB aansluiting gebaseerd op een CP210x virtuele COM poort. De installatie software installeert automatisch de CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers, zodat de PMIX35 via de USB poort van een PC kan communiceren.
De drivers zijn beschikbaar voor de volgende besturingssystemen:
• Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista
• Macintosh
• Linux
Tijdens de installatie controleert de software ook of de juiste firmware versie die bij de geïnstalleerde software hoort in de PMIX35 geladen is. Indien dit niet het geval is zal de software de juiste firmware versie inladen.

And Macintosh was named as well the possibility to download the newest firmware. It is this that triggered me to find the installation software.
No worries, but it would have been nice to have it.

Many thanks,__Frank
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

Well, I have never seen a firmware update for the PMIX35. When I bought it, is was version 1.1 and it still is 1.1 :-)
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

And you probably already found this, but just to make sure: http://www.haibrain.com/pmix35-programm ... -p-89.html

At the bottom of the page, click on software. There is a Mac version here: haibrain.com/documents/downloads/180760 ... v3.0)_.zip
thewall
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by thewall »

aha, same on me... I actually didn't see it, although I visited that page frequently, Never noticed that part, so thanks.
I think my firmware is 1.3.1. Not that I have the impression it matters too much, but I will install on my Mac and see what happens.
(btw... working to make an MQTT bridge for PMIX. MQTT with JSON payload translated into X10 Command and vice versa. Fun!)

Cheers,__Frank
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

The only firmware (not driver version but firmware of the PMIX35 itself) I know is 1.01. If you have anything else I am interested!

(I did write the A10 plugin for HS3 so I like to know if there is something new or changed that I need to reflect in the plugin...)

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”