Calenta - OTGW - Rpi - Vera Edge (zwave/wifi)?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

XanderL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Calenta - OTGW - Rpi - Vera Edge (zwave/wifi)?

Post by XanderL »

Hi All,

I checked the suggested topics after typing my subject, but couldn't find my answer. As I have just started with domotica, I am still an noob. Is it possible to integrate my Remeha Calenta via the proposed path into my Vera Edge? I have a spare Rpi and a zwave usb stick, buying an USB OTGW should also be easy. But then starts my challenge, what should I run on my Rpi? Is it better to integrate it via zwave or wifi?

Or is anybody perhaps having a better idea (arduino?). My Calenta and Vera are not near each other, so hooking op the OTGW via usb directly to the Vera won't be possible.

If I'm in the wrong topic, please let me know. I still have a lot to learn.
XanderL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Calenta - OTGW - Rpi - Vera Edge (zwave/wifi)?

Post by XanderL »

Just found an alternative in the form of the BeNext gateway with build in z-wave. I've ordered it and will write a small review once I have it up and running.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

In the description of the BeNext gateway I found no mention that it can do anything with Opentherm or a device like the OTGW.
Schelte
XanderL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by XanderL »

Perhaps I should have been more precise I meant the Benext Heating Control : http://www.benext.eu/en/products/heating-control/
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

That makes much more sense, although I'm wondering how they intend to fulfill some of the promises they make (many thermostats don't support remote setpoint override). So I'm looking forward to your review.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”