This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

timoline
Starting Member
Starting Member

OT command not cleared

Post by timoline »

I was just trying the OT command,It works fine
But now I want to clear the configured value, so i set it to 99, like explained below
OT=temperature
Outside temperature - Configures the outside temperature to send to the thermostat. Allowed values are between -40.0 and +64.0, although thermostats may not display the full range. Specify a value above 64 (suggestion: 99) to clear a previously configured value.
Examples: OT=-3.5, OT=99
But unfortunately its not cleared.....well I don't see its cleared

ps: I don't have an outside temp sensor or something (yet)
hvxl

Re: OT command not cleared

Post by hvxl »

timoline wrote:But unfortunately its not cleared.....well I don't see its cleared
How do you expect to see that it's cleared? In other words: What are you looking at to verify whether the outside temperature value is cleared?
Schelte
timoline
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by timoline »

hvxl wrote:
timoline wrote:But unfortunately its not cleared.....well I don't see its cleared
How do you expect to see that it's cleared? In other words: What are you looking at to verify whether the outside temperature value is cleared?

initially the value was: ---
So I am looking for this value....that is my assumption...
timoline
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by timoline »

But what does it mean?
it is cleared but I don't see it?
Or it isn't cleared ?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I am unable to help you unless you come up with a clearer description of where you check the outside temperature than "the value". I am not a mind reader. So when I ask for clarification of what is meant by "it" and the response is "the value", then I give up. If people make it this difficult to help them, they're on their own.
Schelte
timoline
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by timoline »

I understand, but I thought I made myself clear by just saying "the value".
I use a rpi with the web interface from otmonitor.
The outside value I check is at the following pages:
status
graph
summary
iphone
I also checked the global gui var.

if I check the log/messages I can see the value changes to 0.00 when setting OT=99, but at all other pages, the value is not cleared, it just shows the previous value

If you need more info, just ask :o
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The information you provided doesn't add up. You say the value was --- before you issued the OT command. That would only happen if the thermostat doesn't request the outside temperature. If it did, the boiler had to answer something. Either a value, or unknown. In the first case the status page would show the returned temperature. In the second case it would show ???. But if the thermostat never asks about the outside temperature, the OT command would not have had any effect and you'd still see ---.

If there's a bug in the gateway and OT=99 doesn't correctly clear the outside temperature it returns, then you should see the same value in the log and on the status page. If it does get cleared correctly, you should again get ??? on the status page, not keep seeing the last outside temperature.

On the messages pages, what exactly do you see for the outside temperature? If the setting is cleared correctly, the gateway should return Unk-DataId. In that case the value is irrelevant. But as I mentioned, that would cause the status page to report the outside temperature as ???.

The other pages you mentioned only use proper values, received in either a Read-Ack or a Write-Data message. They will remember these values until a new, good value is received. You will have to restart otmonitor to clear the values displayed on those pages.
Schelte
timoline
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by timoline »

Thanks for your detailed explanation, I uploaded a log file to your website, ..
I'll check the log...against your post....later this week, I hope I understand what happens

thx
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

OK, that clears things up. Your boiler found a third way to respond: It sends Data-Inv. OTmonitor completely ignores those messages.

But the good News is that the gateway works correctly. When an outside temperature is configured via the OT command, it returns that. When the setting is cleared via OT=99, it passes on the response from the boiler.
Schelte
timoline
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by timoline »

hvxl wrote:OK, that clears things up. Your boiler found a third way to respond: It sends Data-Inv. OTmonitor completely ignores those messages.

But the good News is that the gateway works correctly. When an outside temperature is configured via the OT command, it returns that. When the setting is cleared via OT=99, it passes on the response from the boiler.
Ok thanx for analyzing, good to hear the gateway works correctly.
A little bummer otm ignores the messages the boiler sends...
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

No that's not a bummer. It's normally the right thing to do. Only in this specific case where you have been playing around it caused a bit of confusion. But this is not a representative case to base normal functionality on.
Schelte
timoline
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by timoline »

hvxl wrote:No that's not a bummer. It's normally the right thing to do. Only in this specific case where you have been playing around it caused a bit of confusion. But this is not a representative case to base normal functionality on.
:D, that's what I mean, a bummer for me...

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”