HS3 MQTT Plugin

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

AllanMar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: HS3 MQTT Plugin

Post by AllanMar »

Does this plugin have any script capabilities?
Ideally i'd be looking to send MQTT messages via script and perhaps register a callback for all received MQTT messages?
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hereby an updated version (v0.7.0);

Changelog:
- Added to MQTT publish page: selection if you want to publish on value change and/or string change.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Attachments
HSPI_MQTT_v0.7.0.zip
HS3MQTT v0.7.0
(37.78 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

@AllanMar: Script functions are currently not supported. Let me investigate the effort to support these functions.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
tominthevan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tominthevan »

Are these recent updates to the MQTT plugin applicable to the PI version I am using?

Regards
Tom Moore
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

I did not generate a Raspberry PI version yet. Will do that this weekend. The PI version will incorporate all the recent updates.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Is it also possible to add this plugin to the HS3 updater?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
tominthevan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tominthevan »

Hi Geert-Jan

I am using the HomeTrollerZEE version of HS3 that runs on Raspberry Pi. I am still in the process of getting it connected to my radio devices and figuring things out along the way. I have a few questions:

1. If one creates a subscription and it is subsequently not needed, how does one reliably delete it. If I delete them in HS3, the subscriptions hang around in the MQTT Subscriptions page.

2. {update] I had difficulty connecting MQTT plugin running on my HomeTrollerZEE (Raspi) to a broker on another Raspberry Pi. Then I noticed your comment regarding the need for the latest version of Mosquitto. I updated my Pi and it now connects fine. If were not to difficult, a HS3 log file entry with a diagnostic message when this situation arises might help speed up problem solving by new users (like me) in this case.

Tom Moore
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

ad 1) the subscriptions page shows all the MQTT messages found when monitoring is enabled AND the MQTT Homeseer devices. Deleting a MQTT Homeseer device deletes the Homeseer device, but the device (which is in fact the MQTT message) is not removed from the MQTT subscriptions page. If you restart the MQTT plugin the subscriptions are populated again, and will contain homeseer devices only.

ad 2) Adding logging will help troubleshooting, I will add more logging in a next version.

Currently I am preparing the MQTT plugin to be available in the homeseer updater.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
tominthevan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tominthevan »

Hi Geert-Jan

Thanks for the update. It is working for me well enough for now, so I am happy to be patient.

I had a strange thing happen that might be a bug in HS3 or your plugin, I can't tell. I am trying to move a HS3 setup from a windows machine to the raspberry pi. At the point where I started this process I had the pi running with your plugin connected to another pi running an MQTT broker and an application I wrote that reads sensor values from devices connected by radio. All was working fine, but I wanted to incorporate my main HS3 configuration into the pi.

To bring the HS3 configuration over, I backed it up on the windows machine and then restored it to the pi. I had already backed up the pi configuration in case the process didn't work. The restore of my main HS3 appeared to go well, but when I tried to use devices (a lot of X10 devices), they weren't configured correctly and would not operate like they did under windows.

So, I decided to restore the pi configuration I had backed up. That brought all the HS3 and MQTT devices back that I had set up to test the plugin. However, the restore of the windows HS3 configuration data seems to have left something behind.

Here are the symptoms:
Whenever I add an MQTT message or if I edit the MQTT parameters of a device and select "Done", the plugin tries to bring up the device utility form. What I get instead is a 404 error and the URL it is trying to load is "http://192.168.10.198/\deviceutility...". In other words there is an extra "\" in the URL. When I get the 404 error, I can edit out the "\" and hit return to bring up the page. I've tried reinstalling the plugin but that doesn't change anything.

If you have any insight as to why this is happening or how to fix it, that would be helpful. I have a workaround, but it is annoying.

Tom Moore
iblis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by iblis »

Hi Geert-Jan,

Love your plugin. It's stable, fast and easy to use.

But I have a couple of feature request:

clientId - Be able to set your own client id when connecting to the broker.
qos - Be able to set the quality of service level for sending messages to broker. Possible values would be 0 (Deliver at most once),1 (Deliver at least once) or 2 (Deliver exactly once).
retain - Be able to define if the broker should retain the messages sent to it.
topic - Be able to define your own topic when publishing device data instead of the hardcoded /homeseer/RefID topic.
authentication - Be able to secure your data transfers with authentication and TLS/SSL encryption.

These features would give the user a lot more flexibility when using the MQTT plugin together with other MQTT systems.

Anyways, you have created a great plugin and I will be happy to throw some money at it if you get it implemented to the HS3 updater.
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

thanks for the feature requests. A quick reply:
- clientId: do-able, I will add this feature (is found out that this is also quite handy when I debug the plugin).
- qos, retain: need to check the MQTT library, I come back on this later.
- topic: I can add a field to the MQTT configuration of the device; if filled in this field is used as topic, if not the default is used
- authentication: I need to investigate what the impact is, current impression is that this should be do-able.

I will initially publish the current version of the MQTT plugin to the HS3 updater, and add the new features shortly later.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
pklijnjan

Post by pklijnjan »

Hi,

I use the plugin for ibeacons. How can I split the beacons into homeseer devices?
Now the beacons subscription change the string of one device into {"id":"F4B85E44B27D","v":"0.2.1","mid":41,"raw_beacons_data":"124B7A1D4D35A2;844B162F173CF2;"}

The beacon id's are on the and of the string. I want to use more beacons for the family and the car.

The beacons ar recievede by a mqt beacon reciever from aprBrother.

What to do?

Regards,

Peter
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

The ibeacon is not using /something/node/value as url ?

In this case you may need to translate mqtt messages. I think you can use mqttwarn for this. To ignore the initial message and respond on the translated one with the mqtt plugin
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
bpm32
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bpm32 »

Greetings! I downloaded the rpi zip file for my RPi2 and copied the two dll files to the HomeSeer folder, however the plugin is not detected when I start HomeSeer. Have I copied the files to the right location base HomeSeer folder? Any other ideas on what I could try so HS3 picks up this plugin?

Many thanks!

Brian
pklijnjan

Post by pklijnjan »

I installed the easytrigger plug-in. This plugin cab trigger on device string : If Test Test/beacons 's string changes and contains.

The device string change every 10 sec so fast ennuff the for example set the alarm of by comming home whit a ibeacon on your keychain;)

Return to “Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum”