HS3 MQTT Plugin

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

bpm32
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: HS3 MQTT Plugin

Post by bpm32 »

bpm32 wrote:Greetings! I downloaded the rpi zip file for my RPi2 and copied the two dll files to the HomeSeer folder, however the plugin is not detected when I start HomeSeer. Have I copied the files to the right location base HomeSeer folder? Any other ideas on what I could try so HS3 picks up this plugin?

Many thanks!

Brian
Has anyone experienced this and figured out how to make it work?

Thanks for your time!

Brian
tominthevan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tominthevan »

bpm32 wrote:
bpm32 wrote:Greetings! I downloaded the rpi zip file for my RPi2 and copied the two dll files to the HomeSeer folder, however the plugin is not detected when I start HomeSeer. Have I copied the files to the right location base HomeSeer folder? Any other ideas on what I could try so HS3 picks up this plugin?

Many thanks!

Brian
Has anyone experienced this and figured out how to make it work?

Thanks for your time!

Brian
You have to use the one referenced in this post.

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... 525#p76060

Tom
bpm32
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bpm32 »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. That is the file I downloaded. Am I seeing it correctly that there are only two .dll files in the rpi zip file?

- HSPI_MQTT.dll
- M2Mqtt.dll

I dropped those two files in the HomeSeer folder, but HS3 is not seeing the plugin.

Thanks!

Brian
tominthevan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tominthevan »

It has been a little while since I installed MQTT and I had a few problems getting it going (my own problems), and I don't remember them all. Since you didn't mention it did you do step 2 in the installation instructions:

2. Copy the hspi_mqtt.config file to the HomeSeer Configuration directory (typically 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config')

In this case it would go in HomeSeer/Config

Tom
bpm32
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bpm32 »

Hmmm... I feel like I'm overlooking something big.

When I unzip the RPi version of the plugin, I only see two files: HSP_MQTT.dll and M2Mqtt.dll. I don't see a configuration file nor do I see any installation instructions.

I have also downloaded and unzipped the original Windows version of the plugin and didn't find any instructions or config file.

Can you point me to the installation instructions? I very much appreciate your help. Sorry for being such a pain!

Brian
tominthevan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tominthevan »

Brian

You are right. There is not a config file included in the RPI version. I had, in error, loaded another version of the MQTT plugin and tried it and got the same result as you. When I messaged Geert-Jan he told me to use the version with RPI in the name. I did that and it is now working.

The version I had originally installed came from this forum and had 2 DLLs, a config file and some installation instructions. I've tried to find that version in the forum, to no avail. I still have the downloaded material, so I know it was there. Given that the config is not included in the rpi version download, I suspect that it is not needed to get going. If you want it anyway email me at <tom (at) kinection.ca> and I can send it to you.

Another thing to be aware of, is that you need to have the latest version of the MQTT broker running. If you are planning to run the broker on the Homeseer pi, you'll need to update it. Raspbian has an old MQTT version. This should not be causing the problem you're describing, though. With and old MQTT server present, the MQTT plugin will start up, but it won't connect.
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

I did not update the raspbery version the last couple of months, and have no RPi up-and-running to do a quick check.

Some questions:
1) are you using the HS3 for Raspberry Pi2 image or a Linux image (e.g. raspbian) on your Raspberry? When running the Pi2 image you need the plugin with 'rpi' in its name, otherwise you need the standard plugin.
2) Which version of HS3 are you running? I have build the RPi2 image against the HS3 interface of that moment. Maybe there is a compatibility issue in this area.
3) Does the HS3 logging show anything about not able to load the plugin?

Regards,
Geert-Jan van den Hurk
herwin
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by herwin »

Hi Geert-Jan,

I'm using your MQTT for HS3 and it is working great and stable! Now i can connect Node-red and Homeseer with ease!

I have some features requests, i don't know if you can build them in:
1) as i'm understand you can pick up a MQTT message, the string it receives is the value and string. Is it possible to add some options to receive/parse a JSON string? like {value: 100, string: "We had 100 visitors"}? Then we have more flexibility!
2) add buttons to a device with a MQTT publish function connected to it? so you can control a MQTT device?

Thanx for the Plugin already!

Herwin Jan
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

All,

The MQTT plug in is now in the updater under Lighting & Primary Technology.

The initial plugin version is 1.0.0, which is identical to the latest version published in this thread.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for this plugin. I am using it with great results. I look forward to any future enhancements you might include, like JSON parsing and assigning those (potentially multiple) extracted values to (multiple) HS devices as that would be most useful to me too. Maybe I can achieve this already by script, and that maybe more flexible anyway.

Kevin
FreddyJones
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by FreddyJones »

Hello All.
First of all.. Thanks geert-jan for the excellent plugin.

I've been using it for a while and have one strange problem that is obviously only me, otherwise others would be posting the issues also. I just have no idea where to look to figure out my problem . I have had this since the beginning through the all the various versions.
The hostname I have for my server is simply homeseer, so when in the config panel for subscriptions I have a url of http://homeseer/MQTTSubscriptions When I click on anything, like for instance the manually add mqtt subscription add button where it should redirect me to
http://homeseer/deviceutility?ref=-1&edit=1
what I actually get is
http://homeseer/\deviceutility?ref=-1&edit=1
notice the additional \ (backslash)
I get that on every button I click on, but only on the mqtt plugin configuration.

I am not sure how much of the page generated is coded by homseer and how much is coded by the plugin, but here is the page source if it helps.. I am not a ajax/javascript programmer so it is doesn't make sense to me.

Code: Select all

<br><br><table border="0"><tr><td class="tableheader" colspan="2" style="text-align: center;">Manual add MQTT subscription</td></tr><tr><td class="tableroweven" align="left" >
<form id='formManualAdd' name='MQTTSubscriptions'  method='post'>

<!-- jqButton bManualAdd-->
<script>
$(function() {
$('#bManualAdd').button({icons: {primary:'',secondary:''} });
$('#bManualAdd').click(function(e) {
var theform =$('#'+$(this)[0].form.id);
var theData = theform.serialize();
returnTrue = false;
theData = theData+'&id='+this.id+'&bManualAdd=Submit';
commonAjaxPost(theData,'MQTTSubscriptions');
if(returnTrue) {
location.reload();
 return false;
}
else {
 return false;
}
});
});
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the '\' issue; in Firefox Chrome, IE it works ok.
At what system are you running Homeseer; Linux or Windows?

Regards,
Geert-Jan van den Hurk
FreddyJones
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by FreddyJones »

geert-jan wrote:Hi,

I cannot reproduce the '\' issue; in Firefox Chrome, IE it works ok.
At what system are you running Homeseer; Linux or Windows?

Regards,
Geert-Jan van den Hurk
I run my homeseer on 64 bit windows 7. I'll keep digging around and if I find a solution I'll let post it back here and let you know..

Thanks.
rosswakelin
Starting Member
Starting Member

Not publishing properly

Post by rosswakelin »

Hi
I have installed this plugin into a new HS3 windows install, and it is able to subscribe and receive updates from my local broker, no problem.
However, I have selected a dozen or so HS devices to publish on update, and I can't get it to work properly. For testing purposes, I have published
the current weather from the weatherxml plugin, including all the individual items like temperature, visibility etc. Theoretically, whenever weatherxml
updates one of these items, it should be published to my local broker.
I am using a local mqtt test client to subscript to all events from the broker, and the only events I am seeing from this plugin is when the forecast gets
updated - a string event. I am not seeing any of the number updates even though I have ticked the boxes for these events.

Any idea how to debug this?
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

first I tried to reproduce the issue; updates on value change or string change I see in the MQTT monitor (I use MyMQTT on Android, and subscribe to '/#').

However, I found out that there is a problem in the 'publish' page; initially the publish on value/string change is disabled for all devices. The 'publish' page shows it as enabled, but the plugin itself think it is disabled. Consequence is that no mqtt messages are sent out on value/string change, even if they look selected at the 'publish' page.

Work-around; disable and enable the publish on value/string and it should work as expected. I will fix this, and add more logging, in the next release.

Regards,
Geert-Jan

Return to “Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum”