HS3 MQTT Plugin

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

geert-jan

Re: HS3 MQTT Plugin

Post by geert-jan »

Excuse for the late reaction; was on holidays :-)

@Phaeton: I checked the source code and found the cause of the problem. In the plugin I get all the Homeseer device updates, but I overlooked one input condition which gives the message you see in the logging. Will fix this in the next release.

@noebl1: on subscriptions I update both the value as the string. I add your feature request to my todo list.
noebl1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by noebl1 »

@geert-jan: Great, thank you! I hope you had a great holiday!
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Thanks for both. Hope you enjoyed your holidays!
groeten,
Harry
drodegeb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by drodegeb »

I'm attempting to create a link/gateway between my Homeseer system and an existing OpenHAB system using MQTT. To prevent a loop when a device updates, the state and control of a device are on 2 different topics.

For example, for the mute state/button on a TV

To turn it on and off the following topic is sent with "ON" or "OFF"
home/openHAB/out/Samsung_mute/command

And, when it changes (either via MQTT command, or the remote of the TV itself), the following is sent with "ON" or"OFF":
home/openHAB/out/Samsung_mute/state

How would I go about getting the devices setup properly in Homeseer using your plugin?
Does your plugin expose any commands or actions that can be used to send the MQTT command? I can use that in my touch screens to get the result I'm looking for.

I've played around with the "PUBLISH" side of it, and with adding both topics and still can't figure out how to do what I need.

Thank You,

Dave
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

the MQTT plugin contains almost all the functionality you need. If you create a device, and enable that device at the MQTT Publish page the MQTT commands will be sent out when the device value/string changes. By adding the ON and OFF buttons to that device you can change the device state via the homeseer web interface or HSTouch.

The MQTT topic is default /homeseer/<device id>, and that is not what you need (e.g. home/openHAB/out/Samsung_mute/command). There is already a feature request to define an own topic instead of using the default topic.

A possible alternative is to use a script, and create the MQTT message yourself, just as in the MQTT control page. However, I checked the code and saw that I do not expose this interface yet.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
ChitChat
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ChitChat »

Geert-Jan,

GREAT IDEA & Plugin! Been using this for few days. Such a great idea!!

A few questions
1. When the Subscription device is created, and say I put "0" in the Status Graphics page for "off" and "1" for "on". When the data is received the HS3 device management page only show device value "0" or "1" not device string of "on" or "off". Also when you go to create events, the event will allow you to choose the device string of on or off, but the event won't work. The event will only work if you choose device value of "0" or "1". Is there away to fix this.

2. I too am also getting "404 Bad Request: /\deviceutility" using Firefox on Windows 7 when click edit on the Subscription and Publish page. The headless HS3 machine has windows 10 with Edge. On Edge these same pages don't give this error.

Cheers
CH5525
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by CH5525 »

I have my MQTT setup to allow access from outside of my network. It is secured with username and password. The mosquitto configuration has this:

allow_anonymous false
password_file /etc/mosquitto/accesslist.txt

Can the HS3 MQTT plugin be made to allow a username / password to be used? I don't mess with certificates!

thank you!
noebl1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by noebl1 »

I requested it earlier in the thread and it's on his list :)
Last edited by Bwired on Wed May 25, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please dont quote if you directly reply
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

@CH5525: the MQTT access control is indeed on my feature list. The current MQTT library I use does not support access control, and I need to update to a newer version of that library. This takes some time due to changed interfaces.

@ChitChat:
1: In my setup I use the same mechanism, which is running ok. When I receive e.g. the value "0", the text as assigned in the "Status Graphics" is shown in homeseer. Which version are you using?
2: the bad request I saw before, but I though I fixed them. I will try to reproduce this issue.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Lmaor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lmaor »

Hey Friend i have the Hometroller zee s2,
but I am unable to figure out how to manage to install your plugin could you point me how to do it?

Is it because you have to publish it?

Thanks in advance
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

the Hometroller zee s2 is a Raspberry Pi based system. The Raspberry/Hometroller version of this MQTT plugin is not yet available in the Homeseer updater. On the first page of this thread you find a RPI2 version of the MQTT plugin, which should run fine on the Hometroller Zee s2.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Lmaor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lmaor »

Hey friends i been trying to install this plugin but been unsuccesfull...

I am using a hometroller zee s2.

i did downloaded .rpi and got both M2Mqtt.dll and HSPI_MQTT.dll files,

which i then managed to copy into /usr/local/HomeSeer via filezilla,

I'm pretty sure that's the correct folder as i can see some of my other installed apps files,
such as :
/usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_ZWave.exe

/usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_ImperiHome.exe
I did restarted a couple of times, but couldn't find any change on plugins.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280 (Linux)
neruda
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by neruda »

I also haven't been successful. I'm running HS3 on raspberrypi running raspbian jesse.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258
Linux version: Linux majordomo 4.4.11-v7+ #888 SMP Mon May 23 20:10:33 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 5 Minutes 27 Seconds

I downloaded and unzipped hs3_mqtt_plugin_0.7.0.restarted the system but the plugin dosen't show up under manage plugins. I tried looking for the plugin under Additional Interfaces/Lighting and Primary Technology but it dosen't show up there. I put a ticket in to HomeSeer support to see if being a noob to HomeSeer I was missing anything. The response I received was that the plugin was only available for Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.
-----UPDATE----
As of 7/2/2016 the MQTT plugin showed up under Lighting and Primary Technology and I was able to install it. Not sure what changed but glad it's installed.
Last edited by neruda on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mario from Spain

HS3 MQTT Plugin

Post by Mario from Spain »

First, thank you very much for the plugin. I'm using it since some months and it's fantastic! :-)

Is there now a documented API to use it in scripts?

I need to publish some messages from HomeSeer and would like to use it.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

geert-jan wrote: @Phaeton: I checked the source code and found the cause of the problem. In the plugin I get all the Homeseer device updates, but I overlooked one input condition which gives the message you see in the logging. Will fix this in the next release.
Hi geert-jan,

Any idea when you will release the next version?
groeten,
Harry

Return to “Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum”