Zwave.ME - Switch Associatons

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
raymonvdm

Zwave.ME - Switch Associatons

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m using a Z-Wave.ME wall switch in one of the rooms. But once i a while it gets itself an association to another room in the house (Kitchen Ventilation) so when you press the button on the switch the ventilation is powered ON/OFF. It is an anoying issue but i can live with it. Because i created an event which switches back on the Kitchen ventilation and sends me a notify about the switch so i can remove the association. In only use the Kitchen ventilation module for power measurement

However now the switches has associated itself with another device which is more disturbing :shock:

How can i prevent this from happening? I have already tried the following:

UZB Firmware upgraded from 5.0.1 to 5.0.6 (http://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f ... 266#p80061)
Z-Wave plugin upgraded from 3.0.1.25 to 3.0.1.83

Note: It is possible that Junior is causing this issue because he likes to click on the buttons a lot as we are still in the process of learning him not to push on every freaking button he finds in the house!! However if i look into the manual i don`t see and options to perform associations on the local device?

However is see a child lock function:

Child Protection

The device can be turn into a child protection mode. In this mode all local operation is disabled.
The child protection mode MUST be turned on wirelessly. However in protected by sequence mode it is possible to unlock the device for local operation with a triple click. The unlock state will last for 5 seconds.

But the manual does not tell me how to set this option :roll:
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Zwave.ME - Switch Associatons

Post by bartbakels »

Hi raymond,

same thing happens here since the beginning of my zwave domotica adventure, still no clue why this is happening. This mainly happens for me on Fiabro rgbw controllers and sometimes on fibaro zwave universal sensors. very annoying and i still didnt find a solution. I also requested a zwave plugin function such as audit network audit which displayed all associations of all devices, or a zwave pluging script function to get all associations, and check these every week automatic.

I also get associations to non existing nodes sometimes.

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I only have it with this specific node so it looks a little bit toddler related

But i cannot figure out how to set the child protection

When i remove the association the logfile only records the following rule.

Code: Select all

Z-Wave	Getting association information for 1e verdieping Slaapkamer Slaapkamer Plafond
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I have recieved a response from the Z-Wave.ME supportdesk about the Child Protection

Code: Select all

this is not a paramater but a command class. You controller should 
support Protection command class.
So i googled the Protection command class and found out that HomeSeer is indeed supporting the Protection Command Class using an event Action or script

http://www.homeseer.com/support/homesee ... action.htm

So i created an event which sets the Protection Mode to "Prevent Local Operation" and this disabled the local button
So i created an event which sets the Protection Mode to "Protection Mode Off" and this re-enabled the local button

However this is a command for al devices in a specific room. So you need to place the device in its own homeseer room to use the function on a single device. Maybe it is possible using a script but i have not found an example for it yet

Some other posts about protection mode

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=146398

Question: Is there also a remote protection mode to lock a device from being remotely controlled? This would be handy to lock sun screens to prevent them from going down when the windows are open. (But some scripts still wants them closed, or a local stupid user action for example :cry:

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”