How to run PMIX35 software under windows / ultimate

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Nacho
Starting Member
Starting Member

How to run PMIX35 software under windows / ultimate

Post by Nacho »

Hi

Does anyone know how to work with PMIX35 with windows 7? I have tried installing the driver SIiabs /CP210 (VCP Driver Kit downloaded from silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUART ... ivers.aspx but there isn't communication communication between PMIX35 software and the Programmer/ Measurement interface.
I'm runnig PMIX35 1.1.6 Software. I don't have any problem under windows XP.
Thak you
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: How to run PMIX35 software under windows / ultimate

Post by MindBender »

Yes; it doesn't work. Wasted half my evening on this today.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Bij mij werkt de PMIX35 gewoon onder Windows7 Professional (zelfs via een Belkin network USB hub). Als ik kijk welke driver geinstalleerd is dan is het cd CP2101 driver met een datum van 16-3-2004 en versienummer 4.20.0.2700. Volgens mij is dit de driver die in een subdirectory van de PMIX35 staat (USB Driver), ik dacht dat deze gewoon bij de installatie van de PMIX35 software meekwam, want kan mij niet herinneren dat ik deze ergens anders vandaan heb gehaald,
Rene.
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Just checked for you:
Using driver 6.3.0.0 with date 10-1-2011 on Win7 pro 32bits. Port settings op 9600 8 N staan.
I rememeber I also had trouble getting the PMIX35 to run well but with some patience and sometimes with disabling other serial ports it usually worked.
Hope you are not running 64bits Windows?

SIde notes:
In Homeseer I have to use the old version of the TI103 X10 plugin in HS 2.0.0.2 insted of 2.0.0.5 to get it working.
My X10 is running perfect for years now (about 20+ devices), the whole system never misses a beat but these bad intefaces make me look at Z-Wave when I extend.
rovinge

Post by rovinge »

Bastiaan wrote:...
Hope you are not running 64bits Windows?
Just to let everybody know I have PMIX35 software running on Windows 7 (ultimate) x64.

I've had some trouble finding a working driver, but I managed to find an older x64-driver version 4.401.0 that works with the PMIX35. Baud-rate settings set to 115200, and it works like a charm...

Only thing is to get this to work you need to abort the automatic drivers update & installation done by Windows itself, and then continue to install the driver manually. There may be an updated version of a working driver, but the current version 6.5 definitely does NOT work....

Roel
rovinge

Post by rovinge »

(I know I am posting to an old topic, but this board would not let me create a new post as it complained that there were too many 'similar' topics. Maybe the moderator can fix this with a title "PMIX35 works on Windows 8 / Server 2012 x64)

FYI

Using the Xanura PMIX35 Network Analyzer software on a Windows 8 or Server 2012 does work, provided you are using an older version of the SiLab USB to UART Brigde Controller driver.

My current working setup:
- Windows 8 x64
- CP210x USB to UART version 4.40.1.0 x64

The current driver versions up to 6.60 or higher simply do not work; the Network Analyzer software then will not recognize the PMIX device and therefore will not capture/analyze/program any A10 data.

I have found the above version by googling the that older version available for download.

When installing the old driver, you first need to delete the current version of driver making sure driver software is removed as well. In Device Manager, selecting the actual device/driver, you can Uninstall the device. Please ensure you check the box "Delete the driver software for this device". Only then install the old driver.

I assume the similar versions for 32-bit are available, to be used for x86 Windows systems; however, I have not tested that (as I am not using 32-bit).

I have tried the driver with Windows 2012 running Homeseer as well, but that will pose the following challenges:
- Aeon Zwave sticks uses a CP210x driver as well, but the Zwave stick will NOT work with the v4.40 driver installed.
- Using PMIX35 as a X10 controller for Homeseer, the older v4.40 driver does not solve the TI103 error messages within Homeseer, when it is initializing the PMIX device.

I reverted back to a version 6.6.1 CP201x USB to UART driver; both my Zwave and PMIX device are working fine from within Homeseer, but still taking the Homeseer initialization errors for granted.....

Roel
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

Where did you find the CP210x USB to UART version 4.40.1.0 x64 drivers?
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/
rovinge

Post by rovinge »

driverscup.com/cp210x-drivers/cp210x-v4 ... v4-40.html

Roel

Edit: ignore above link; that one defers to drivermax or driveragent type site (3rd party site handling drivers).

New one that gives you a direct download button without the fuss of (driver) download managers interacting:
magicdriver.com/driver12935-ver_4.40.1. ... 0.1.0.html

Otherwise, google for "cp210x 4.40.1.0". You need to go throug several hits to filter out the available x64 version of the drivers.

Roel
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

Installed on windows server 2011 home edition x64 and it is working!
Thanks!!
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

I'm sorry to revive such an old thread, but does this solution still work? And does it work under Windows 10?

I have recently upgraded my domotica server to Window 10 (who hasn't), and now my PMIX35 no longer works under HomeSeer. It worked well under Windows 7, and I am convinced it worked shortly after the upgrade, even though I'm not sure. Anyway, it doesn't work now.

The PMIX35 analyser software has never worked under Windows 7, and I would like to get rid of the last Windows XP machine I still have around for that. The PMIX35 is still sold, yet again under a different brand. So I'm assuming it is still maintained. However, all version I could find online were v1.1. None of them worked under Windows 7 and all of them still had the Eaton logo in the 'About'-box. So much for maintenance.

I'm now considering to lift this miserable CP210x from this board, and replace it with an FDTI equivalent, but that's a lot of work, a lot of risk, and no guaranty to work, so that's why I'm asking here first.
rovinge

Post by rovinge »

I can confirm this still works. Currently running the same old driver on Win 10 Pro x64 with my PMIX

Roel
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

Now I've been at it for the whole afternoon, I even took half a day off for it, but I'm really starting to feel like a reverse king Midas over here: Everything I touch turns into shit.

I have 1 (one) virtual machine that works with the PMIX35 properly. It runs Windows XP, probably 32-bit, and it has driver version 4.28 installed. When starting the analyser software, the virtual green and yellow LED in the status bar flash happily, and when there's activity on the X10 bus, the red LED on the device flashes and the event appears in the program. Using the (somewhat quirky) buttons in the program, I can operate my lights. Conclusion: The PMIX35 works properly.

Now when using the version 4.40.x driver suggested here in this thread, the virtual green and yellow LED in the status bar still flash happily, but when there's activity on the X10 bus the red LED on the device remains off and nothing is recorded. Sending commands from the device has no effect either. This is as good as it gets.

When using the default drivers supplied by MicroSoft, or the one supplied by HaiBrain (http://www.haibrain.com/pmix35-programm ... -p-89.html), only the yellow LED in the status bar flashes a bit, giving the impression that it is sending out commands, but no reply is received. The driver that comes with the analyser software plain refuses the install.

About the analyser software: Versioning is a MESS. HaiBrain refers to the version up for download as 2.0, but when unzipping the archive, version 1.1.6 appears. It's not binary identical to the 1.1.6 I already had: It's only ±1.5MB, where the one I already had is around ±27MB(!). I think it's built with different installer, lacking the .NET junk. Both version appear to be identical. The 'About'-boxes of both report version 1.1.

So I installed a HS3 trial on a spare PC and it is happily communicating with the device. However, it doesn't get any further than the analyser software: No X10 traffic is generated or detected.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Had same problems and haibrain.com is not giving much support :-( again my pmix with 1.1.6 is missing a lot of packages when i run it beside the ctx35
Thats why i hoped firmware 2.0 would solve this, but marmitek or haibrain seems to be death....
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

Bwired wrote:Had same problems and haibrain.com is not giving much support :-( again my pmix with 1.1.6 is missing a lot of packages when i run it beside the ctx35
Reverting my server back to Windows 7 didn't bring back a working system.
I suppose you, or anybody else, don't have a CTX35 for sale, do you?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

No Right, they are becoming rare....
Check for sale forum

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”