Update of source files to version 4.2.5

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

bmellink
Starting Member
Starting Member

Update of source files to version 4.2.5

Post by bmellink »

When rebuilding the source files I noticed the hex file on the site does not match the file generated by the sources. I seems the source files on http://otgw.tclcode.com/download.html are version 4.2.4 where the downloadable hex file is version 4.2.5. Would you please be so kind to update the source files to 4.2.5?

Thank you

Bart
hvxl

Re: Update of source files to version 4.2.5

Post by hvxl »

Unfortunately this is a bad time to ask. I won't be able to do that for 3 weeks or so.

The only addition in 4.2.5 was a command to obtain the current state of the GPIO input pins. Since you're going to modify the GPIO pin functions anyway, you can probably do without that. Or you can add a command to report information more appropriate to your situation.
Schelte
bmellink
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bmellink »

Can you send me the latest (4.2.5) version by email? Then I will use that as base, and may send back usefull changes back to you. I plan to add the 2 new GA/GB commands described in my latest reply in http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11419
dr.knor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dr.knor »

Hi Bart,

I have implemented your modified firmware of viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11419 in my 2-zone setup (ATAG i36EC boiler, Honeywell Round Connected thermostat) and it appears to work nicely! (So the setting of the controlsetpoint a with a thermostat-controlled relay connected to the GPIO B pin, in my case.)

Have you eventually managed to apply the modification to the latest 4.2.5. firmware as well?

Reason I ask this is that the PR=I command is not suported in 4.2.4. It would be nice to be able to monitor the state of pin with the setback input. Actually, Domoticz has native support for this already, but for 4.2.4 it gives PR=BV (bad value).

Or is the code for the PR=I command available somewhere else? I may try to include it myself, although I am hesitant to do this as I have no experience in modifying/compiling Assembly.

Tom
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The change between FW 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 is really small. I have attached the diff, which you can apply (at least on linux) with the patch command:

Code: Select all

gunzip otgw-4.2.5.patch.gz
patch gateway.asm otgw-4.2.5.patch
Attachments
otgw-4.2.5.patch.gz
Diff between 4.2.4 and 4.2.5
(607 Bytes) Downloaded 455 times
Schelte
dr.knor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dr.knor »

Thanks for providing the diff. Much appreciated!

Tom

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”