How to connect Echo Dot to Harmony in the Netherlands

Forum about Domotica related gadget like Pocketpc, UMPC, Smartphones, Ipad Etc

Moderator: TANE

avuijk
Starting Member
Starting Member

How to connect Echo Dot to Harmony in the Netherlands

Post by avuijk »

Recently, I bought a Vera domotica system, Echo Dot (Amazon) voicecontrol and a Logitech Harmony Hub to control my (video and audio) devices using IR.
Living in the Netherlands setting up Vera and the Echo Dot was not all that difficult and enough information can be found. Configuring the connnection between Echo and Harmony however is harder to find (in fact, I found nothing) so I decided to share my experience in this forum.

I presume that the Echo has been activated and configured using the online web interface (alexa.amazon.com). Next set up the Harmony using the Logitech app on your mobile device or use the web interface (https://www.myharmony.com/nl-nl/) to download and install the Windows Harmony app. Be sure that you do NOT use your Facebook account to activate the Hub. Instead use an email address and create an account. Finish setting up your Harmony and test it using the app on your Mobile phone.

Next install the default Harmony skill using the Alexa web interface, you will noticy that a button appears in the skill to connect to the Harmony. Activating this button will result in a message that this functionality is only available in English and no connection is made (discrimination!). However, the solution is simple:
Change your Country settings in the Windows Harmony App to United States and save the settings.

Now try to connect to the Harmony once more and you should ne able to activate the connection. This activates a command set in which you can say "Alexa, tell Harmony to....". If you want to use a direct basic command set such as "Alexa, turn on TV" please activate the Harmony - Optimized for Smart Home skill.
hayman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: How to connect Echo Dot to Harmony in the Netherlands

Post by hayman »

not work for me,,,
i've change every thing to Eng and the adres in Alexa App alexa Echo and harmony to USA where i get my echo from and on amazon olso the same US adres ,even the favo channel on harmony are US cabel TV,and still not working ......

i bought the Broadlink for 10 euro to controle TV /recieer /other Ir with alexa ,and Yonomi for the (Netflix) and HDMI sources..
thanks
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi,

i had it working, but the trich is to set your phone (iphone) to US language, also alexa need to be setup with an us account. and Harmony as well location US and english. After setup you can set these back. However dont know if this still works, i am not using it anymore, I use homeseer to trigger harmony events via alexa.

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
hayman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hayman »

Hi, I've did every thing no luck , even time and location phone and Alexa to USA no luck, I've try VPN and still no luck.....

On mobile
Language USA en.
Time usa location off
Alexa
Location and time both USA...
On mobile or website (VPN USA) searching the skill find it when I press on it it's says not supported.........

Return to “Gadgets Forum”