Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

ctve
Starting Member
Starting Member

How to forget the Powerlink 2 ?

Post by ctve »

Hi,

Sorry for my poor English

I own a Powermax Pro with a Powerlink 2 but I'm very unsatisfied with it so I tried to remove it.

Having done all what's indicated in the installer manual to do that, I cannot tell to my control panel that the Powerlink 2 is no longer here.

After having left the installer menu, everything seems ok but, about 30 seconds later, a default message appears saying that the communication is lost with the BB module.

Despite this message, the alarm works well but it has the default orange triangle permanently lit and it says that there is a problem at each arming or desarming action.

Does anybody know how to cancel the Powerlink 2 from the memory of this alarm ?

Thanks for any help
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: How to forget the Powerlink 2 ?

Post by cjcharles »

I also would love to know this, have been putting up with the 'system trouble' and 'communications lost' errors up until now. I tried removing all the variables inside the comms section (i.e. 0.0.0.0 IP address and stuff like that) but no improvement. I expect a certain setting needs resetting somewhere...
ctve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ctve »

cjcharles wrote: I tried removing all the variables inside the comms section (i.e. 0.0.0.0 IP address and stuff like that) but no improvement.
I've also tried the same thing with absolutly no result :cry:

The only thing I've not done is a reset of the front panel. Did you tried it ?
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cjcharles »

I have just read reports online that if you disconnect battery and power for 30 seconds then it should clear the error message, though I have not been able to test this yet. Will try and test when I next have time late this week.
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cjcharles »

I can confirm that if you unplug the power and disconnect the battery for 30 seconds then when you reconnect power it has forgotten the old Powerlink and I no longer have a 'Communications Error' Problem. Very glad that this worked as it was really annoying me!!
ctve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ctve »

Thank you very much for this confirmation.
I'll try it this week-end and hope it will also work for my Powerlink.
ctve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ctve »

Unfortunately it has absolutely no effect on my alarm.
The error message wasn't present after having restored the power but it appeared again after one or two minutes.
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cjcharles »

Can I suggest you will also need to ensure you do not have BBA set as a report method inside the Powermax settings. You can define 1st/2nd/3rd report methods and dual reporting, you must ensure BBA (Broadband/IP) is not listed in any of them, otherwise you will have the problem you are noticing, where the Powermax forgets the error but then does another check a few minutes later. After you have changed these settings, then you can do the power cycle.
ctve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ctve »

Thank you very much for your suggestion, unfortunately, all the reports were cancelled before I do the power cycling.
I've sent a mail to Visonic France technical assistance and they've given the same reply as yours but, for my alarm panel, it doesn't work and they don't know why ...

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”