Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Post by marcelr »

Please post your questions/tips/remarks related to toon's metering module(s) and sensors here. This also includes toon solar equipment.

grtz,

marcelr
LeonS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Post by LeonS »

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the "Eneco meter adapter" (made by Prodrive) to work in Domoticz.
The Z-Wave controller can include the meter adapter as node. (Vision Z-Wave plus USB Stick ZU1401EU)

The adapter does not react to commands and wil not send data to the controller.
The log shows this message:
OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 3512465236, NodeID: 2 (0x02)

Same problem is reported in Domoticz forum:
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9070

Has anyone successfully read data with this sensor over OpenZwave.
Have not yet tried in Domotiga, or OpenHab.
LeonS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by LeonS »

Update:

I found the following post on the same problem:
groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/openzwave ... DpORSvBwAJ
We don’t support the COMMAND_CLASS_METER_* classes it uses, so it won’t work with OZW
Apparently in the config file a class is not supported in OZW, so the addapter does not work with Open Z-Wave (yet).

This calls for plan B.
The "meter adapter" has two led lights that blink when counting the refs of Gas and Electric meter.
The plan is to connect the LED wires to the GPIO pins of the raspberry and use it as input for Util metering.
Timeless

Post by Timeless »

I would like to exclude the Meter adapter completely and use JSON data from Domoticz instead. This because I already have all the Electric/Gas/Water readings present in Domoticz and want to use Toon as a display.

I hoped that I could just parse URL's just like with the thermostat to update the Electric/Gas sensor values. But unfortunately it reads the values from Zwave directly.
If anyone has another idea, please let me know.
"The greatest good you can do for another, is not to share your own riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
- Benjamin Disraeli -
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Timeless wrote:I would like to exclude the Meter adapter completely and use JSON data from Domoticz instead. This because I already have all the Electric/Gas/Water readings present in Domoticz and want to use Toon as a display.

I hoped that I could just parse URL's just like with the thermostat to update the Electric/Gas sensor values. But unfortunately it reads the values from Zwave directly.
If anyone has another idea, please let me know.
If you mean you want to display data as retrieved from another place than the RRD databases of toon, you should delve into the qml code for the graph apps (yes, there are many). These apps do all data retrieval from the databases and display them. "Just" reroute the input data from another place into the display code and you should be good :-).

Fluency in QML and Javascript required.
Manyakim
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Manyakim »

I also have a Domoticz server running and was curiuos if someone was able to pull the usage data from Domoticz into Toon.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Manyakim wrote:I also have a Domoticz server running and was curiuos if someone was able to pull the usage data from Domoticz into Toon.
What exactly do you want to read from Domoticz?
Manyakim
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Manyakim »

The gas, electric, water usage and also what the solar panels are producing.
The main reason is that for gas and electric, i have a P1 cable connected between my Raspberry PI and smart meter, so all the consumption data is available and it would be very nice to show this information on my rooted Toon.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Should be possible, if someone is willing to write the app. This thread is slowly drifting away from its topic, so please start a separate thread on integration between toon and Domoticz.
I can't see why it is necessary, though, because all P1 data are already available on toon. No need to import them from Domoticz.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Manyakim wrote:The gas, electric, water usage and also what the solar panels are producing.
The main reason is that for gas and electric, i have a P1 cable connected between my Raspberry PI and smart meter, so all the consumption data is available and it would be very nice to show this information on my rooted Toon.
Send me a PM if you can (10+ posts needed). I already build DomoticzBoard and wanne give your idea's a shot but i need to know what you really want.
bwbboot
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bwbboot »

Yeah would love to see this kind of functionality. Logging P1, Water and Solar directly into Domoticz. Would be awesome to pull the information into Toon, or even better, have a way to post the information into Toon. Since thats how I post the information into Domoticz as well.

More than happy to assist somehow!
qwerk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by qwerk »

I bought my Toon second hand

I am missing the sensor cables. I only have a p1 cable but no smart p1 meter :(

does any one know where to buy them?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Just the cables, or the sensors as well?

For the cables, you can use standard cables with 3.5mm stereo jack plugs:
Attachments
jack-kabel-0.25-meter.jpg
jack-kabel-0.25-meter.jpg (2.5 KiB) Viewed 23309 times
spattex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by spattex »

Good day all,

I'm searching for a meteradapter model 6599-1500-0201.
If someone has this adapter and will trade for a model 6500-1300-7200 because i have solar panels.
I live in Eindhoven, but shipping is also possible.

Regards,
lxz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Meter adapter (old), P1 and smart meter

Post by lxz »

Hi there,

I am using a rooted 16-x Toon and meter adapter for a couple of weeks now and I'm a happy man. However, I'm not able to see my current (kWh + gas) consumption and I begin to understand that not all meter adapters are the same.
It seems that I have an older version which is not compatible with the P1-port of my smart meter. So, the adapter itself is recognized by Toon correctly, but no values are transfered.

a couple of questions:
- has anyone opened up a meter adapter to check what's inside?
- is it possible to flash my older meter adapter with firmware of newer adapters, or is it completely different hardware?
- my smart meter uses an inverted signal (dsmr 4.x). Should a data-inverter (like this) do the trick and will the old meter adapter work with that?

What are my options to get it all working?

Return to “Toon Hardware”