Visonic Powermax Interface (Windows) application

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic Powermax Interface (Windows) application

Post by cjcharles »

Is there a link to LabView 2009 or is it a paid application? I cant see to find a compatible version which will run the Windows App you have created. Or is it a paid application that cant be shared? I cant quite tell as the website is completely down at the moment.
Thanks in advance.
johnz

Post by johnz »

cjcharles wrote:Is there a link to LabView 2009 or is it a paid application? I cant see to find a compatible version which will run the Windows App you have created. Or is it a paid application that cant be shared? I cant quite tell as the website is completely down at the moment.
Thanks in advance.
You need to install one of the older versions of the Visonic Driver application first, these include the Labview parts. Then update it with the latest version, the later versions only include the driver part (see first post for the links)
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Sorrry guys, email notification for this thread doesnt work again:) so sorry for the lack of Thanks johnz for helping :p
Bart.
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Martin75a wrote:Hi,
This looks promising. :)
I was going to try this out with HS3 but have a couple of questions before I start.

I have an old Visonic Alarm with the original Power Link1 module, The one that is connected via the RJ45 output and have a built-in web server.

If I understand things right, this is not working and I need some other kind of bridge between Visonic and the computer.
The problem is that I can't find what components to buy or how to connect it?

Is there anyone who knows where and what to buy to get started? (Preferably Swedish dealers but not necessary)
Pictures/drawing of how to connect it would also be appreciated?

Best Regards
Martin
You need to use the rs232 interface, or make your own cable, which is described also in this board .

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

duaneo wrote:Bart,

I recently bought your software, and it's great! Thanks for your hard work.

I'm running this on a windows 10 machine, HS3 and a PowerMax+. I am able to talk to my panel, and I can send status change events to HS3 with no issue. I'm running your application and HS3 on the same machine, and the firewall is disabled. No antivirus installed.

I am having trouble getting HS3 to send messages to your application. I have both the http and UDP servers enabled, and I can see if I do a netstat -a that the UDP server is listening. Netstat doesn't show anything listening on port 3011. When I try to use a browser to connect to the server on port 3011, I get no response. When I use HS3 to make a UDP call, I HS isn't reporting an error, and I'm getting nothing from your app. Any thoughts on how to further diagnose this? I'm not seeing anything in the error log.

As a side note, I notice that the app doesn't shut down cleanly, and if I minimize it, it hangs. Not super important issues, but maybe part of a larger issue?

I'm running the 2009 version of labview. I tried installing a couple of newer versions of labview, but the installer wasn't happy with them and I eventually found a copy of the 2009 version that the installer was happy with. I was thinking that possibly the version of labview I'm running isn't completely compatible with windows 10?

Anyway, Let me know what you think the next steps should be. :)

Cheers,
Duane
It should work on win 10, try removing all national instruments software and use the installer version. Next replace the exe with the last one (first post). Probably something is corrupt. And or check that you have full admin right for the application and check tour firewall settings

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Martin75a
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Martin75a »

bartbakels wrote:
Martin75a wrote:Hi,
This looks promising. :)
I was going to try this out with HS3 but have a couple of questions before I start.

I have an old Visonic Alarm with the original Power Link1 module, The one that is connected via the RJ45 output and have a built-in web server.

If I understand things right, this is not working and I need some other kind of bridge between Visonic and the computer.
The problem is that I can't find what components to buy or how to connect it?

Is there anyone who knows where and what to buy to get started? (Preferably Swedish dealers but not necessary)
Pictures/drawing of how to connect it would also be appreciated?

Best Regards
Martin
You need to use the rs232 interface, or make your own cable, which is described also in this board .

Bart
Thx Bart, I just ordered this one. http://www.dx.com/p/usb-to-ttl-ch340g-c ... XiLrYiGNaR
I hope that will work. :)

regards
martin
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

I just use the ftdi ttl one, and made my own header pin connector as described in the other thread.

domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&amp ... amp;t=7152

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Martin75a
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Martin75a »

bartbakels wrote:I just use the ftdi ttl one, and made my own header pin connector as described in the other thread.

domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68& ... amp;t=7152

Bart
Hi Again Bart,
Thanks for your reply and sorry juste one more question. I have the visonic PowerMax+ and this powerlink Described here https://www.aartech.ca/related/POWERLINK.pdf
It has a RS-232 Module http://catalog.visonic.com/communicatio ... utions/92/
Do you know if it's possible to use it somehow? Or Is the best way to throw it out and build a cable directly from the RS232 connector. The PowerMax+ has a 12 pins connection. I found this https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1264 ... p-1-1-1/p4 However I'm a bit uncertain and don't want to fry things. :)

Thanks in advance
// Martin
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

I think tou can just use that installed rs232 interface.

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
dad
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dad »

Hi Bart,

Is this only for the powermax or has anyone used it with a powermaster panel?
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

to be honest i dont know, if it uses the same protocol. do you have an interface cable? the you can try if it works.

regards

(ON ESXI )on NUC
dad
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dad »

bartbakels wrote:to be honest i dont know, if it uses the same protocol. do you have an interface cable? the you can try if it works.

regards
I do have an interface cable. But this will be for a new install. I will be buying a homeseer pro box, running windows, and it would make a cleaner interface than my current rpi hack using perl/mqtt.

Thanks
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Then probably this will work, if your using the rpi solution now.

Btw why the hs3 pro box, i think its cheaper to buy your own hardware and a hs3 license.

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Martin75a
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Martin75a »

bartbakels wrote:I think tou can just use that installed rs232 interface.

Bart
Hi again,

Did not make it to work with the rs232 interface, but tested the ftdi ttl you recommended. It works very well with the Powermax+ :D
Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards
Martin
Blaabjerg
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Blaabjerg »

Hi,

Is it possible to use the build in security panel in Domoticz to arm/disarm with the pin codes that are configured in Powermax?

Or is there another way to arm/disarm with pin codes?

Thanks

Regards

Claus

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”