HS3 MQTT Plugin

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

raymonvdm

Re: HS3 MQTT Plugin

Post by raymonvdm »

did you check the firewall on you`re windows 7 machine, and verified that Mosquito is actually running?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,
In the mqtt config you checked 'anonymous' and you also provide username/password.
When anonymous is checked, the username will not be send to the mqtt broker.
Can you check your broker config?

Regards,
Geert-Jan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk
EmilySmith1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EmilySmith1 »

I manually added Mosquitto in windows Firewall and now it works
Thanks
[img]
Firewall.PNG
Firewall.PNG (28.85 KiB) Viewed 22261 times
[/img]

Can HS3 MQTT plugins manipulate strings Like On,Off,Away,Open,Close etc and convert them to numbers 1,2,3,4,5....and so on

Thanks
Emily
drodegeb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by drodegeb »

I have looked through everything, but can't seem to find it. Is there a way for an MQTT message to control a Homeseer device? Not a device that is a subscription, but instead a native device like a ZWave light switch. I see Homeseer sends out a topic like "/homeseer/78/value" with 0 for off and 255 for on. But, that topic doesn't seem to control it when it's sent from outside homeseer.

Thank You,

Dave
webmeezer
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by webmeezer »

Is there a chance you'll add SSL/TLS support (ie port 8883) to the plugin?

Thanks,
Z
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

SSL/tls support is on the feature list.
Currently I am busy with refactoring the implementation to make next steps more easy/testable, next I pick up this feature.

Regards,
Geert-Jan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk
nickneutrino
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nickneutrino »

In addition to port 8883, are you intereted to integrate with IOT Core for Google Cloud Plattform.....
Because i create a device entry on the cloud and is mandatory connect with a cert key. :)
rmiles7721
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rmiles7721 »

drodegeb wrote:I have looked through everything, but can't seem to find it. Is there a way for an MQTT message to control a Homeseer device? Not a device that is a subscription, but instead a native device like a ZWave light switch. I see Homeseer sends out a topic like "/homeseer/78/value" with 0 for off and 255 for on. But, that topic doesn't seem to control it when it's sent from outside homeseer.

Thank You,

Dave
I would like to know the same thing. I can see the MQTT topics getting sent out and when I turn a lamp off and on the corresponding lamp in HASS turns off but when I do it in the opposite direction nothing happens. I get this in my HS log:

Sep-30 5:08:25 PM MQTT Info: Received MQTT topic: /homeseer/masterbedroom/desklamp payload: 0
critical_
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by critical_ »

rmiles7721 wrote:
drodegeb wrote:I have looked through everything, but can't seem to find it. Is there a way for an MQTT message to control a Homeseer device? Not a device that is a subscription, but instead a native device like a ZWave light switch. I see Homeseer sends out a topic like "/homeseer/78/value" with 0 for off and 255 for on. But, that topic doesn't seem to control it when it's sent from outside homeseer.

Thank You,

Dave
I would like to know the same thing. I can see the MQTT topics getting sent out and when I turn a lamp off and on the corresponding lamp in HASS turns off but when I do it in the opposite direction nothing happens. I get this in my HS log:

Sep-30 5:08:25 PM MQTT Info: Received MQTT topic: /homeseer/masterbedroom/desklamp payload: 0
Same here. I'd like to have a device connected to HomeSeer (like a fan, light switch, or something else) controllable from Home Assistant over MQTT without workarounds.
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Interesting feature request, that already popped-up several times.
Makes Homeseer a bridge between MQTT and other protocols like z-wave.

It is on the feature list, but due to my limited time, what has a higher priority: TLS/SSL encryption support or this request to control HS devices via MQTT?

Regards,
Geert-Jan
raaguirr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by raaguirr »

Hi!! first of all this is a great plugin, congratulations for your work...

I have simple question, is there a way to specify other port than the default 1883?? i have my mosquitto broker running on the 10350, is there a way to configure to get to this port?

Thanks a lot
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

in the current version the port number cannot be changed. I plan to implement this together with the TLS/SSL support.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Fredrick
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Fredrick »

Hey guys,

Trying to get this plugin set up, but I'm struggling with the basics. I've got a Mosquito server set up, and I'm connected to it:

I can also see PINGREQ/PINGRESP in my Mosquito log.

I want to publish the value of some devices, but nothing seems to be sent at all from this plugin. Dont know what I'm doing wrong:

In the log (with info-logging level) this is all I get:

Any idea how I can get it to publish values? I've also tried setting up an event to manually publish device value and custom topic, but nothing is sent.

Thanks!
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

in the configuration I see that you connect anonymous to the MQTT broker, and you also supply username/password.

If the MQTT broker needs a username/password than uncheck the 'anonymous' flag.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
critical_
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by critical_ »

geert-jan wrote:Interesting feature request, that already popped-up several times.
Makes Homeseer a bridge between MQTT and other protocols like z-wave.

It is on the feature list, but due to my limited time, what has a higher priority: TLS/SSL encryption support or this request to control HS devices via MQTT?

Regards,
Geert-Jan
I would prefer the ability to control HS devices via MQTT. The TLS/SSL support with port changing ability can come second. A lot of us would be able to use the plugin more regularly so we can give you more feedback. Thanks you.

Return to “Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum”