Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

michel30

Re: Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by michel30 »

walberg wrote:
Schermafbeelding 2017-09-22 om 15.16.09.jpg
How did you make these double tile with 3 days of gas use?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Vibestar wrote:Maybe more hardware and software related: is there a way to controle the state of the boiler with a movementsensor?
I had a thermostat of ICY for many years. Of I wasnt in the room for 30 min the thermostat was set back to a colder state. I was wondering if it could be done by the TOON?
Should be possible. If you can get the sensor to work with toon, influencing the heating sequence should not be an issue.
michel30 wrote:How did you make these double tile with 3 days of gas use?

Just install the same tile twice ...
walberg

Post by walberg »

Actually very simple, it turned out that the chip that controls the touch layer had some short circuits by soldering small droplets. There were also some cold connections at the location where the previous owner had soldered the serial cable. As a result, the screen did not respond as It should be. I came here because I was able to connect via VNC to the screen (though it was very slow). So I opened the Toon and yes the modifications were done very messy. Well hardware and software are 2 different branches of sport. I corrected it and now i don't get double (even tripple) tiles anymore and even i can remove double tiles on the Toon directly.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Vibestar wrote:Maybe more hardware and software related: is there a way to controle the state of the boiler with a movementsensor?
I had a thermostat of ICY for many years. Of I wasnt in the room for 30 min the thermostat was set back to a colder state. I was wondering if it could be done by the TOON?
My point of view on this, just put such kind of intellegence in domoticz. You can then also use geofencing etc.
Based on what domoticz decides, you can then try to set the correct program of the Toon (away, at home, comfort, sleeping). This would need something which could interact with domoticz and toon. I think the best option for now is let the toon poll domoticz each minute (a virtual sensor or something in which domoticz puts the requested mode) and then change the program of the thermostat accordingly. The builtin thermostat app will probably guide you how to set the program using your script.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TheHogNL wrote:My point of view on this, just put such kind of intellegence in domoticz. You can then also use geofencing etc.
Based on what domoticz decides, you can then try to set the correct program of the Toon (away, at home, comfort, sleeping). This would need something which could interact with domoticz and toon. I think the best option for now is let the toon poll domoticz each minute (a virtual sensor or something in which domoticz puts the requested mode) and then change the program of the thermostat accordingly. The builtin thermostat app will probably guide you how to set the program using your script.
Even better, Domoticz can directly change the selected program on Toon via an http request to Toon. This can be triggered via any event in Domoticz.
A cleaner solution than having Toon polling Domoticx in my view.
In other words, connect a motion sensor to Domoticz and of you go......

Kind regardz,

Toonz.
member of the Toon Software Collective
DennisD
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DennisD »

I use domoticz to control my toon. I use presence detection (ping wifi) in order to let domoticz know somebody is home. When somebody is home the scene comfort is selected, when nobody is at home toon scene away is selected by domoticz. I also have the normal timer function so the sleep scene is still controlled by toon. In order to let toon switch on/off the comfort scene on movement I would think adding a motion sensor to domoticz would be the easiest.
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

Thanks, slowly I get pulled into the Domoticz where I only bought the Toon :D
Now I need to decided what to use. I have a pi one en pi zero already at home. Are they strong enough?

Sure I’m gona use your solutions.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Toonz wrote:[

Even better, Domoticz can directly change the selected program on Toon via an http request to Toon. This can be triggered via any event in Domoticz.
A cleaner solution than having Toon polling Domoticx in my view.
In other words, connect a motion sensor to Domoticz and of you go......
Owh didn't now that. Which http requests are available then? I only know about the ones getting info from the Toon :)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Lolz,.. don't know why I missed that post :)
Martin101010
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Martin101010 »

makkie2002 wrote:Hi all. I made my first app! It is showing images from my webcam on a Toon tile. If you click on the tile you get a fullscreen image of the webcam.

The app uses the fact that my webcam has an URL with the latest jpg image. The images are refreshed every 10s for now. If I refresh more quickly the Toon processor is too heavily loaded. I would like to have the refresh rate for the full screen somewhat faster than for the tile, but I am afraid my programming skills hold me back :? . So if someone wants to look into the code and help out ... very much appreciated !
@ Makkie;

Nice idea, unfortunatly all I get is a white screen and the GUI keeps restarting. What I did was;
I've copied the app to /HCBv2/qml/apps
added webcam-0.05 to globals file,
reset with: killall -9 qt-gui

Do I miss something?

Regards,

Martin
Martin101010
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Martin101010 »

Martin101010 wrote:
makkie2002 wrote:Hi all. I made my first app! It is showing images from my webcam on a Toon tile. If you click on the tile you get a fullscreen image of the webcam.

The app uses the fact that my webcam has an URL with the latest jpg image. The images are refreshed every 10s for now. If I refresh more quickly the Toon processor is too heavily loaded. I would like to have the refresh rate for the full screen somewhat faster than for the tile, but I am afraid my programming skills hold me back :? . So if someone wants to look into the code and help out ... very much appreciated !
@ Makkie;

Nice idea, unfortunatly all I get is a white screen and the GUI keeps restarting. What I did was;
I've copied the app to /HCBv2/qml/apps
added webcam-0.05 to globals file,
reset with: killall -9 qt-gui

Do I miss something?

Edit: Found it, I indeed missed something, forgot a semicolon in de globals file. App is working fine
Any progress on the time out when closed?

Regards,

Martin
Martin101010
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Martin101010 »

Too bad I had to turn off the webcam app as it slowed down the response of the user interface.
Hopefully there will come a solution to inactivate the app when the tile is not visible.
HansS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HansS »

I have a Tile, with some text, and an Item, and in that Item are two buttons with an Image. When the screen dims, the tile and text disappear, but the buttons stay visible, which is what I want. But, the button background stays white, which is not what I want. I would like the buttons to not be visible, but the images to stay visible. Something like change the button's background colour in dimState. But I cannot seem to find how to do that. I cannot change the button color, in any mode. Any ideas?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Like this (from an old version of the wastecollection app):

Code: Select all

Tile {
	id: wastecollectionTile

property bool dimState: screenStateController.dimmedColors

onClicked: {
		if (app.wastecollectionConfigurationScreen)
			app.wastecollectionConfigurationScreen.show();
	}

Image {
		id: wasteIconzzBig
		source: app.wasteIcon
		anchors {
			baseline: parent.top
			baselineOffset: 10
			horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
		}
		cache: false
       	visible: dimState ? app.wasteIconShow : false		// only show if one icon
	}	

Image {
		id: wasteIconzzSmall1
		height: 100
		width: 100
		source: app.wasteIcon
		anchors {
			baseline: parent.top
			baselineOffset: 10
			left: parent.left
			leftMargin: 10
		}
		cache: false
       	visible: dimState ? app.wasteIcon2Show : false		// only show if two icons
	}

Return to “Toon software development”