Connecting Remeha Avanta and Brink Renovent HR to Honeywell.

Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

Jaymin
Starting Member
Starting Member

Connecting Remeha Avanta and Brink Renovent HR to Honeywell.

Post by Jaymin »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for information about OpenTherm.

I've got at home the following OpenTherm appliances;

1) Honeywell Chronotherm Modulation Touch (TH8210M1003, thermostat)
2) Remeha Avanta 28C (boiler)
3) Brink Renovent HR Medium (year of construct 2012, heat recovery ventilation)

All appliances can work with OpenTherm and with the thermostat I is possible to control the boiler and the ventilation system. But when I connect all together, the thermostat displays "no communication". When I connect the boiler separately it works fine oubviously, when I connect the ventilation-unit separately I get a connection but no control.

So, both appliances give out power to the thermostat and I think that's the problem. Is there any way to connect all the appliances together and have control over the boiler and the ventilation-unit?

I have searched the internet for hours with no result, so if anyone can help me please do!

Thanks!
Templar

Re: Connecting Remeha Avanta and Brink Renovent HR to Honeywell.

Post by Templar »

Jaymin wrote: But when I connect all together, the thermostat displays "no communication".
You can only connect one boiler/HRU with a room controller, it's a point-to-point communication system. So the first question is: how did you connect the devices, did you use a gateway?
Jaymin
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jaymin »

When I connect them all at the same time I tried to connect them by wiring them in “series” and “parallel “, both connections don’t work.

And no, I didn’t use a gateway.

Today the Brink company contacted me, and the way I want to connect all is not possible. Their opentherm connection only
works with their CO2 wireless ventilation control-unit.
Templar

Post by Templar »

Jaymin wrote:When I connect them all at the same time I tried to connect them by wiring them in “series” and “parallel “, both connections don’t work.

And no, I didn’t use a gateway.
Nope, indeed. OpenTherm doesn't work like that. Check chapter 2 of the OpenTherm Protocol Specification.
Jaymin wrote:Today the Brink company contacted me, and the way I want to connect all is not possible. Their opentherm connection only works with their CO2 wireless ventilation control-unit.
Ah, I noticed the Brink Renovent Excellent HRU documentation doesn't use the OpenTherm logo and the device is not OpenTherm-compliant. I've got a Brink Renovent Excellent 300 connected with my OTGW and Chronotherm Vision Modulation room controller and noticed it doesn't support data-ID 0. The Chronotherm Vision refuses to set the Control Setpoint V/H (data-ID 71).

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”