HS3 MQTT Plugin

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

Re: HS3 MQTT Plugin

Postby geert-jan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 am

Hi,

in the "MQTT / Publish" configuration screen you can change the default topic name. (for the value update only, the string value is always published using the default topic)

Regards,
Geert-Jan
geert-jan

Postby Mario from Spain » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:37 am

Hi Geert-Jan

After some months using your plugin, since few days ago it's crashing often.

I turned on LOGLEVEL_ERROR and I found a lot of errors: "Error: Could not get device EDO. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto. en HSPI_MQTT.HS3MQTT.getEDO(DeviceClass dv)"
"Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto. en " minds: "Reference to object isn't established as a instance of the object at..."

I'm using HS 3.0.0.297 and plugin 1.5.0.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits

I don't know if it's related to the problem. Any hints to start troubleshooting? My system rely a lot on MQTT and your plugin and starting from scratch is something I would like to avoid.

Thank you.

Mario
Mario from Spain

Postby geert-jan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:19 am

Mario,

did you upgrade from a previous MQTT version recently?
The error points to the fact that the plugin cannot find the MQTT configuration stored for the device.

Can you check the content of the MQTT plugin / Subscription page. You should egt an overview of all the MQTT topics, including the Homeseer devices, you are subscribed to. Next, select the 'Edit' button for one of the homeseer devices, the subpage MQTT should show the device configuration. What do you see in the logging if you change an item and click save?

Regards,
Geert-Jan
geert-jan

Postby Mario from Spain » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:41 am

Hi Geert-Jan

Thank you very much for your quick anwer. Thanks to your hints I think it's working fine again.

I went into each device selecting the "Edit" button and everything looked normal, so I went again into each one of the devices pressing the Save button in the MQTT tab and the Done button in the main tab. This did the trick, now I don't see errors anymore. :D

Thank you!

Mario from Spain

Postby Barto » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Everytime i start up Homeseer, I find that "Monitor MQTT Broker" is disabled?

Can I alter this? Is this a Bug?

See attached.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 14.37.08.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 14.37.08.png (233.31 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Barto
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby geert-jan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:07 am

Hi,

the 'monitor' broker setting is non-persistent. Idea at the moment of implementing was to prevent a flood on subscriptions, so it is not a bug - it is a feature.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
geert-jan

Postby vincenttor » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Geert-jan,

have you seen my topic ?
i was wondering if you know if this could be solved in the plugin or if this is a problem in HS ?
https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=11993
vincenttor

Postby rgerrans » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:38 pm

I was trying to troubleshoot an MQTT Publish but the full list of devices won't render (I'm on the newest version of Chrome Beta) on the MQTT Publish settings page. Anyone else having this issue (this was both before and after the update to the latest HomeSeer version)?
rgerrans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby rgerrans » Tue May 08, 2018 4:58 pm

I was trying to troubleshoot an MQTT Publish but the full list of devices won't render (I'm on the newest version of Chrome Beta) on the MQTT Publish settings page.

Nevermind, figured it out. It was due to not assigning a room to my Outdoor "Floor" devices. Once I added an "Outdoor" room they started showing up.
rgerrans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum