Drawables
(49.91 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

waste collection 4.7 is available on ToonStore.
Changelog:
- added a switch to the configuration screen to use your own set of icons for standard waste types.
custom icons need to be placed in the same folder for other extra icons and have the same names as
the standard icons in the wastecollection drawables folder
- user settings were not properly copied to a new wastecollection app version on a Toon 2 (no issues on Toon 1)

With this change you can use your own set of icons which will never be overwritten when upgrading the app.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Hi Toonz,

I don't see my custom icons displayed on the Toon.
The icons are copied to the same folders as my custom icons.

Also when you restart the Toon, the switch is not activated any more. It resets itself to off
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

madpatrick wrote:Hi Toonz,

Also when you restart the Toon, the switch is not activated any more. It resets itself to off
Will check in the coming week Will be busy with construction works at home coming days...
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

waste collection 4.8 is available on ToonStore.
Changelog:
- config parameters were not saved anymore in version 4.7 (was not tested properly)
- config screen: added a new switch to enable/disable showing waste icons above the thermostat panel
N.B. you do need a new resourcefile version which reads this parameter.
existing versions of the resourcefiles will still show the icon above the thermostat panel
the change for the new resourcefile is ready and will be included in a future resource file by TheHogNL

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

can you show the contents of your userSettings.json from the wastecollection folder (you can delete your zipcode/housenr)?
Version 4.8 fixes the issue that the switch is not properly set after a restart.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Cctl01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Cctl01 »

The PMD pickup for postalcode 2216 shows up as - in the overview.
the file in /var/volitile (forgot the file name) shows ? as type.
mijnafvalwijzer gives "Plastic, blik, drinkpakken" as waste type. I'm trying to fix it myself by adding the type. But to help others perhaps it can be added to the toonstore version of the app.
BTW if the project would have been on github or another public place people (myself included) could help in the development.
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Toonz wrote:
can you show the contents of your userSettings.json from the wastecollection folder (you can delete your zipcode/housenr)?
Version 4.8 fixes the issue that the switch is not properly set after a restart.

Kind regardz,

Toonz

Code: Select all

{"Afvalverwerker":"10","Postcode":"1234AB","Huisnummer":"18","Straatnummer":"223","ICSnummer":"0","DisplayIconVanafUur":14,"ExtraDatumsFile":"http://pdebrabander.nl/waste.txt","ExtraDatumsIconsFolder":"http://pdebrabander.nl/icon","CustomIcons":false}
Custom icons are disabled at the moment.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi, can you go into the settings screen of version 4.8, flip one of the switches back and forth and press 'opslaan'? Should be fine from then onwards....
CustomIcons should then show Yes or No instead of false
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Toonz wrote:Hi, can you go into the settings screen of version 4.8, flip one of the switches back and forth and press 'opslaan'? Should be fine from then onwards....
The custom icon is not visable above the thermostat.
When i choose the app on a tile i see the custom icons, but not on the thermostat.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

madpatrick wrote:
Toonz wrote:Hi, can you go into the settings screen of version 4.8, flip one of the switches back and forth and press 'opslaan'? Should be fine from then onwards....
The custom icon is not visable above the thermostat.
When i choose the app on a tile i see the custom icons, but not on the thermostat.
The thermostat icons are starting to show up only 5 minutes after a gui restart and thereafter once per day at the configured hour....
When changing settings you might need to wait a day before the thermostat icon shows up (or reboot the gui)
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Toonz wrote: The thermostat icons are starting to show up only 5 minutes after a gui restart and thereafter once per day at the configured hour....
When changing settings you might need to wait a day before the thermostat icon shows up (or reboot the gui)
Restart of the gui did the trick.

Thanks !!
Cctl01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Cctl01 »

Cctl01 wrote:The PMD pickup for postalcode 2216 shows up as - in the overview.
the file in /var/volitile (forgot the file name) shows ? as type.
mijnafvalwijzer gives "Plastic, blik, drinkpakken" as waste type. I'm trying to fix it myself by adding the type. But to help others perhaps it can be added to the toonstore version of the app.
BTW if the project would have been on github or another public place people (myself included) could help in the development.
So I can confirm that adding the line

Code: Select all

case "plastic, blik, drinkpakken": return 1;
to WastecollectionApp.qml under wasteTypeMijnafvalwijzer fixed the problem.

That brings me to my "new" problem. I wanted to see what the icons look like placed above the thermostat. (looks good) But now they don't go away. I switched the switch off, saved, restarted the GUI, restarted toon and checked the userSettings.json file. ("ThermostaatIcon":"No"}) I now have the icons in two places (tile and thermostat) which is a bit redundant if you ask me, perhaps not if you ask my wife. :roll: :twisted:
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

You have to wait for the next revision of the resourcefiles.
That will contain an update to the system thermostat app to read the flag "ThermostatIcon" from the wastecollection app settings to hide/show the icon in the thermostat panel.

I will include your app change in the next version.
Moving to github is a good idea but never done that, so need to dig into that a bit first :-)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

The latest resource file has now implemented the flag to show or hide the waste collection icon in the thermostat panel.
You can set the flag in the waste collection app settings screen. The change will take effect within a day or when you restart the gui

Return to “Toon Apps”