warmwater on toon

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

yjb

Re: warmwater on toon

Post by yjb »

Seems like I see a new TSC feature:

Summer: All temperature presets set to a fixed temperature. And of course remember the current settings, so that it can revert once switched off.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

Why can't summer and winter have the same hotwater settings?
yjb

Post by yjb »

Akatar wrote:Why can't summer and winter have the same hotwater settings?

Well they can have the same warm water settings but I was thinking about the lines of:
Home/Comfort: Dhw preheat on
Away/Sleep: Dhw preheat off

When I leave the settings like this in summertime, the house will still heat to comfort temperature on a cooler day, while that is in most cases not necessary. So the solution could be to set the schedule to permanent away during summer, buit in that case the Dhw will not preheat during the day in summertime.

So my thinking was, if I leave the program in tact during summer, but temporary adjust all 4 levels (Home/comfort/Away/Sleep) to 15 degrees, the Dhw will still be preheated during the day, but the house heating will not kick into action.

And to automate this, there could be a TSC setting which puts all 4 levels to a fixed temperature during while the Toon is in "summer" mode. In autumn, one switches off the summer mode and the original temperature levels for the 4 levels (Home/comfort/Away/Sleep) will be reinstated.

Does that make sense, or is my suggestion making things too complicated?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Seems to be one of the solutions, maybe the best.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Firesfinx
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Firesfinx »

Hello,

This is my first post specially for this feature. A couple of months ago I bought a rooted Toon from marktplaats and am very very pleased with the integration domoticz. I think no other thermostat can compare.

My central heating is done by a Remeha Calenta 40L which has a build in boiler. After a lot of testing, I found out that when I turn DHW off, I do not have any hot water after the boiler has cooled down. I got this confirmed with the Remeha helpdesk. Basically only with DHW on it heats my (tap)water and the 40liter bioler. Turning it off or set it to ECO mode on the kettle, will turn the heating of water off and let the bioler cool down.

I also have the option to control DHW by the thermostat. This was also possible on my previous thermostat by various settings (calendar, manual, scenes or when temperature is set below a selectable value). From that I would like to say that the settings by a selectable temperature worked ideal (at least for me). I learned this after a lot of experimenting and sudden cold showers because it was time for the sleep scene.

Since my central heating is now heating by boiler 24/7 I cannot wait for you guys to see if you can implement some thing like this. It would be amazing if it can be controlled externally (like Domoticz) but also linking it to a scene like Away would save me quite a bit of money.

Please keep up the great work you guys do!
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

yjb wrote:
Akatar wrote:Why can't summer and winter have the same hotwater settings?

Well they can have the same warm water settings but I was thinking about the lines of:
Home/Comfort: Dhw preheat on
Away/Sleep: Dhw preheat off

When I leave the settings like this in summertime, the house will still heat to comfort temperature on a cooler day, while that is in most cases not necessary. So the solution could be to set the schedule to permanent away during summer, buit in that case the Dhw will not preheat during the day in summertime.

So my thinking was, if I leave the program in tact during summer, but temporary adjust all 4 levels (Home/comfort/Away/Sleep) to 15 degrees, the Dhw will still be preheated during the day, but the house heating will not kick into action.

And to automate this, there could be a TSC setting which puts all 4 levels to a fixed temperature during while the Toon is in "summer" mode. In autumn, one switches off the summer mode and the original temperature levels for the 4 levels (Home/comfort/Away/Sleep) will be reinstated.

Does that make sense, or is my suggestion making things too complicated?
Is it possible to make this feature in TSC?
Because this is what happend recently in my house :( it was finally 19.5 at home after some warm days and Toon thought hmmm it has to be 20 :twisted: and it started to warming up. :?
For now I disabled the scheduled program, but Toon it not showing all the nice features at the moment.

Grz,
Jos
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

I finally got time to put this in the TSC menu.
Two new options:
- disable preheat in away/sleep/vacation
- enable summer mode (set all setpoints to 10 degrees)

PM me for how to enter the beta test
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

That's good News.
Love to test it :wink:
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

Just tested it on a Toon 1 with 5.5.7
TSC had a little redesign :wink:

Activating summer-mode sets all time frames to 10c
Maybe its possible to make it your own choice?
At temperatuur it has also a summer notification "kudos"

Couldn't test the warmwater switch but it's nice :mrgreen:
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

The warmwater switch will only be visible for Toons connected to opentherm boilers.
I'm thinking what would be a good reason to make the summer temperature (now 10 degrees) editable? The main reason is just not let the boiler run anytime in the summer so 10 degrees would be ok.
yjb

Post by yjb »

Thanks for this. I will test this once I'm back home!
Firesfinx
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Firesfinx »

Many, many thanks for this update! I am now able to stop the heating of my build in boiler.

In my case when the warm water pre-heating is off and the bioler is empty, my central heating will not heat water (even if there is a demand for it). This limits the available scenes a bit, but I am happy with the trade off.
Templar

Post by Templar »

TheHogNL wrote:I finally got time to put this in the TSC menu.
Two new options:
- disable preheat in away/sleep/vacation
- enable summer mode (set all setpoints to 10 degrees)

PM me for how to enter the beta test
Hi TheHogNL,

Is it possible to put another feature in? The Eco mode, just disable preheat...
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Templar wrote: Is it possible to put another feature in? The Eco mode, just disable preheat...
This is already possible in the native toon menu :-)
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

TheHogNL wrote:
Templar wrote: Is it possible to put another feature in? The Eco mode, just disable preheat...
This is already possible in the native toon menu :-)
Is your modification in the TSC menu already available for everyone or is it still beta ?
(because I don't see these option)

And do you know if it is possible to switch on/off "Kraanwater voorverwarmen" with a URL ?

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”