Z-Wave controlled Relays

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
fje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Z-Wave controlled Relays

Post by fje »

Hi, I need to have a set of 6 relays dry contact controlled with a Z-wave controller. something like the product "Motor Control Trigger Module". This one has only three relays, but I could do what I want also using two modules of them. They used to be manufactured by Rollertrol: http://rollertrol.com/z-wave-blind-motor-control-part1g, but they don't do it anymore since months ago and they have just developed a much more complex module including Z-Wave, wifi, etc. etc. and also the motor controller itself.

I know that some other manufacturers used to have modules with two switches, but today they are not dry contact and the cost used to be too high for the use I want to. In my installation they don't need to support high power or intensity, I only need to detect if the relays are open or closed.

Do you know any current module that I could find to do what I want to do. If the price is not too high I wouldn't care to install more then one module in order to have the six relays.

One other thing, I am in Europe, so the Z-Wave frequency should be the European standard one.

Thanks and kind regards.
Akatar

Re: Z-Wave controlled Relays

Post by Akatar »

i don't know what you want to do with them, but perhaps the fibaro implant is something you seek?
fje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fje »

Hi, Akatar, thanks for your fast answer. :)

Yes, it could be. Problem could be the price, close to 50€, if I need 6 relays, it implies 150€.

Anyway, let me explain what I need to do. it is a matter of remote controlling an Air Conditioning device. For doing it I need 5 biestables switches with dry contact.

One is the on/off one. In Open status the A.C. is off, when it detects that the switch (relay) changes from off to on and stay there, it powers on. When it comes back to off, A.C. powers off.
Then a second one is the "heat/cold" switch, one position is heat, the other one is cold.
And finally there are other 3 relays that, depending of its on/off status (three binary bits), define the temperature to maintain.

Searching on internet I also found another possible device: Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor. Do you think it would also valid for the use I described?

Are both devices already (or still) available?

If there was another device for similar price, but three outputs, it would be much more in the budget I am looking for.

Anyway, I will ask my usual dealer for the best price it can do to me.

Thanks again and kind regards.

Javier
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

for the ubs, if imput 1 closes, relais closes, same for input2/relais2. you can't close/open the relais yourself.
fje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fje »

Akatar wrote:for the ubs, if imput 1 closes, relais closes, same for input2/relais2. you can't close/open the relais yourself.
Let me understand, I cannot order the open/close of relays via a Z-Wave command from my Z-Wave controller app? So, why it is indicated in the specifications that those devices are "Z-Wave connected"?

Thanks for any clarification.

Javier
Fantic

Post by Fantic »

Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

fje wrote:
Akatar wrote:for the ubs, if imput 1 closes, relais closes, same for input2/relais2. you can't close/open the relais yourself.
Let me understand, I cannot order the open/close of relays via a Z-Wave command from my Z-Wave controller app? So, why it is indicated in the specifications that those devices are "Z-Wave connected"?

Javier
not for the ubs, as far as i know you can do this with an fibaro implant
fje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fje »

Fantic wrote:You could have a look at https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 57420.html
Thanks, but looking at the internal diagram that I can see in the aliexpress link, they are intended for switching loads mains (or 24V) connected. I am looking for two dry and separate output relays which is not what I can see in the diagram. I don't know if it is correct or not, but if I have to relay on it, it is not valid for me.

Thanks anyway.

Javier
fje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fje »

Akatar wrote:
fje wrote:

Javier
not for the ubs, as far as i know you can do this with an fibaro implant
Akatar, thanks, I will ask my dealer if I could do a test with it, they seem to be very similar, except the case and some possible connections and, of course the cost, which is an important point…..

Regards

Javier
Fantic

Post by Fantic »

fje wrote:Thanks, but looking at the internal diagram that I can see in the aliexpress link, they are intended for switching loads mains (or 24V) connected. I am looking for two dry and separate output relays which is not what I can see in the diagram. I don't know if it is correct or not, but if I have to relay on it, it is not valid for me.

Thanks anyway.

Javier
Sorry but these are dry contacts, the com is the common wire for the 2 contact and NO1 and NO2 are the 2 contacts, Normally Open, L and N are just the mains connections and the S1 and S2 are inputs for local switches.
You would use the Live wire to the common and to the common of the switches and from the NO1 and NO2 to the lights, normally... but in your vase you would just use the Com and NO1 and NO2 for your specific purpose.
Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
fje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fje »

Fantic wrote:
fje wrote:Thanks, but looking at the internal diagram that I can see in the aliexpress link, they are intended for switching loads mains (or 24V) connected. I am looking for two dry and separate output relays which is not what I can see in the diagram. I don't know if it is correct or not, but if I have to relay on it, it is not valid for me.

Thanks anyway.

Javier
Sorry but these are dry contacts, the com is the common wire for the 2 contact and NO1 and NO2 are the 2 contacts, Normally Open, L and N are just the mains connections and the S1 and S2 are inputs for local switches.
You would use the Live wire to the common and to the common of the switches and from the NO1 and NO2 to the lights, normally... but in your vase you would just use the Com and NO1 and NO2 for your specific purpose.
I understand, the diagram in the information of the ad was confusing me. So, I will try to clarify the Fibaro UBS control possibilities (they are smaller ones) and will finally decide.

Thanks again.

ragards.

Javier
fje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fje »

fje wrote:
Fantic wrote:

Thanks anyway.

Javier
I understand, the diagram in the information of the ad was confusing me. So, I will try to clarify the Fibaro UBS control possibilities (they are smaller ones) and will finally decide.

Thanks again.

ragards.

Javier
It seems that TZ06 is not manufactured anymore and has been replaced by TZ74. I am asking TKB a couple of questions and most probably I will order one to be sure it works as I need.

Thanks so much for your suggestion, because the price is also in the budget I had.

Javier

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”