Neo Coolcam NAS-WR01ZE

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

flamingbob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Neo Coolcam NAS-WR01ZE

Post by flamingbob »

Hi All,

Seems there are newer versions of this plug (i got them also) with new IDS. Seems to also have issues with domiticz due to new hardware ids.
see here: https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/li ... es/1903090
For me would be nice to see what a config file looks like to see if i can get the power usage working.

Suspect here i can setup the power usage:
config_hdrv_zwave.xml
config_happ_smartplug.xml

for me its like this:
<device>
<package>hdrv_zwave</package>
<uuid>8932e00b-a2c7-4dee-bcb3-da2ab9ebe8d7</uuid>
<type>unknown</type>
<name>neo</name>
<internalAddress>6</internalAddress>
<visibility>1</visibility>
<profile>ConnectedState</profile>
<profile>NetworkHealth</profile>
<profile>Naming</profile>
<profile>SwitchPower</profile><ccList>5e 98 9f 55 73 86 85 8e 59 72 5a 25 27 32 71 70 6c</ccList><hardwareAddress>6</hardwareAddress><manufacturerInfo>
<manufacturerId>0258</manufacturerId>
<productTypeId>0200</productTypeId>
<productId>1027</productId></manufacturerInfo><zwavePlusInfo>

New ids also on the toon. Think then its also eneco who needs to update stuff or see the same trick for domoticz work here also if i can see a good example
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Neo Coolcam NAS-WR01ZE

Post by TerrorSource »

If I’m correct, but I’m not sure, is the current working of the Neo Coolcam Power Plugs the same or almost the same as the Fibaro ones, and not a particular vendor in the z-wave libraries.
Neo Coolcam does not comply with the Z-wave Alliance rules, already spoke with a representative of the Z-wave Alliance about that a few monthis ago.

Because the change of settings by Neo Coolcam Eneco-Quby needs to add the new configuration for the plugs to the z-wave libraries on the Toon.
Maybe we can add it manually but i’m not in the possession of the new type plug.
flamingbob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by flamingbob »

TerrorSource wrote:If I’m correct, but I’m not sure, is the current working of the Neo Coolcam Power Plugs the same or almost the same as the Fibaro ones, and not a particular vendor in the z-wave libraries.
Neo Coolcam does not comply with the Z-wave Alliance rules, already spoke with a representative of the Z-wave Alliance about that a few monthis ago.

Because the change of settings by Neo Coolcam Eneco-Quby needs to add the new configuration for the plugs to the z-wave libraries on the Toon.
Maybe we can add it manually but i’m not in the possession of the new type plug.
Good to know. Reading a lot about the newer ones that gives more people headages. See indeed its quite the same except for the led ring. Hope someone has a xml with a neo to see what to tweak and see if it works or not. This newer seems to have a newer firmware that differs a bit but would be good to play with it. Suspect quby needs to get it to for firmware 5.2 and higher.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

[quote="flamingbob". Suspect quby needs to get it to for firmware 5.2 and higher.[/quote]
Will not happen, Quby only supports Fibaro plugs, if others work fine as well than that is nice but for sure they will not start coding for Chinese plugs which do not comply to the Z wave standards. My 2 cents....
member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Toonz wrote:[quote="flamingbob". Suspect quby needs to get it to for firmware 5.2 and higher.
Will not happen, Quby only supports Fibaro plugs, if others work fine as well than that is nice but for sure they will not start coding for Chinese plugs which do not comply to the Z wave standards. My 2 cents....[/quote]

Partially true.
The older Neo CoolCam Power Plugs relay on the Fibaro Wall Plug Z-wave config on the Toon.
Neo CoolCam's Power Plugs are NOT officially certified by Z-wave Alliance while Neo CoolCam advertise that they are.
Somehow they managed to get their hands on the same config or chips as Fibaro and mis-use that config/chips.

Now, with the new version they changed to an own config which is not adopted by the majority of existing z-wave controllers. That's exactly the reason why it's not working in Domoticz either.
Domoticz relays on "openzwave" device database. If the hardware id+config is not added to the "openzwave" device database it will not work.

Quby is probably not going to support other-then-Fibaro type of sensors. Fibaro is the brand they always supported, Aeotec's power plugs does not work either while it's a large brand.

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”