ZonOpToon alternative

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

dennis071nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: ZonOpToon alternative

Post by dennis071nl »

TheHogNL wrote:First of all. You don't replace the fuse :-) The kWh meter is added in series between the installation wires and the fuse.

Which kWh meter depends on if your solar panels are wired 3-fase or 1-fase to the rest of your fusebox. Doesn't matter if your house is 3-fase or 1-fase connected to the grid.
It is easy to check how it is connected. Is your extra fuse for the solar panels group a 1-fase or 3-fase? 1-fase is ofter 1 or 2 slots big. 3-fase is 4-slots big.
it's a regular 1 slot fuse, but your post made me think... unfortunately there is no open slot in my groepenkast left, so thats gonna be a problem right?? I thought i should remove the existing automaat and replace it with a digital meter??
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

You need a free slot indeed. Again, don't replace the fuse (installatieautomaat) as this is protecting the circuit. You need to install the kWh meter extra. If you don't have space for that, you can buy a small cabinet for it to place next to the main cabinet: https://www.groepenkastbestellen.nl/Kun ... .3mod.Ip55

With proper wiring this is possible. You need to have the wires from the fuse going to the new cabinet first, install the kWh meter in that cabinet, and from there towards the solar installation.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

TheHogNL wrote:
Currently I have a red led connected to my pins output on a raspberry pi and have the Toon module look at that led. I can now finally fix that!

The reason why I have a raspberry pi simulating the S0 is because I am adding two seperate solar setups into one, so I can see the total output on Toon. Both setups are being monitored using a Wemos ESP on their own kWh S0 ports. Output (the calculated Watts generated) is then sent to the raspberrypi where the total Watts generated is calculated and then converted to S0 pulses again, connecting to the Toon module.
Hey, this sounds like a good way to avoid having to buy and install an extra kwh meter to monitor my (single) Omnik inverter, which is already monitored by my pi using some fork of https://github.com/Woutrrr/Omnik-Data-Logger to send the power and energy values to PVoutput and to Domoticz.
Could you explain how you achieved to convert the generation values to S0 pulses and make the led flash accordingly?
Thanks!
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Is it possible to clear old data from zon op toon whit out factory reset?
I did some test before I installed the kWh meter and that stored some data that I want to clear.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I have no access to a Toon at the moment but I guess it is just the removal of one of the rra databases.
you can find which one in the config-rrd xml file.
It will be created again when you restart Toon (or maybe even without a restart)
member of the Toon Software Collective
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Hi,

Is it possible to read out the cactual read of the kWh meter in Domitcz with as a Virtual Sensor ?
I can see the readout on my Toon (Zonnepanelen Nu), but i like to see it in Domoticz.
Aussie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Aussie »

Hello i am new to this forum and i have connected my Toon to my sun panels through S0
This forum helped me a lot
I bought a Toon on the internet connected everything worked good
Then the zonoptoon i already had a KWH meter with an S0 port +/_ and after reading everything on this forum it finally worked
Thanks "globegrabber" for the posts i didn't need a serviceman from Eneco but did ring for a factory reset and activation code
Thanks again

greatings : Aussie Not Dutch Not Much
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Aussie wrote:Hello i am new to this forum and i have connected my Toon to my sun panels through S0
Then the zonoptoon i already had a KWH meter with an S0 port +/_ and after reading everything on this forum it finally worked
Thanks "globegrabber" for the posts i didn't need a serviceman from Eneco but did ring for a factory reset and activation code
Thanks again

Hi Aussie,
Welcome.
Why did you get an activation code? Not necessary on a rooted toon :-)
Aussie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Aussie »

TheHogNL wrote:
Aussie wrote:Hello i am new to this forum and i have connected my Toon to my sun panels through S0
Thanks again

Hi Aussie,
Welcome.
Why did you get an activation code? Not necessary on a rooted toon :-)

my Toon isn"t rooted
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Aussie wrote:my Toon isn"t rooted
Oh ok clear. You just used the zon op toon alternative from this forum to have an active zon-op-toon on you subscription without paying 99 euro's or more to Eneco for only the installation.
Lucien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lucien »

Thanks to this forum I have my ZonOpToon working fine using a kWh meter. My production is measured just fine but on one screen the figures are wrong.
Todays case:
PV production: 10.5 kWh ,
my production feeded into the grid :4.36 (from DSMR-Reader)

On Toon I get in the screen Zonnepanelen:
In totaal geproduceerd: 11kWh (is correct 10.5)
Hiervan zelf gebruikt: -5 kWh
Hiervan teruggeleverd: 16 kWh

(I have screenshots en a picture of the TOON Screen, but I do not know how to upload a picture in this post.)

Does someone recognize this and how can I fix this?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Lucien wrote:Thanks to this forum I have my ZonOpToon working fine using a kWh meter. My production is measured just fine but on one screen the figures are wrong.
Todays case:

(I have screenshots en a picture of the TOON Screen, but I do not know how to upload a picture in this post.)

If your production was 10,5KWh (which is not a bad number for yesterday) and you returned 4,36. you used about 6 Kwh while generating. Don't look as bad numbers to me.

Looks like there's a miscalculation going on on the Toon, will take a look later.

What firmware is the Toon on?
Lucien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lucien »

TerrorSource wrote:
Lucien wrote:Thanks to this forum I have my ZonOpToon working fine using a kWh meter. My production is measured just fine but on one screen the figures are wrong.
Todays case:

If your production was 10,5KWh (which is not a bad number for yesterday) and you returned 4,36. you used about 6 Kwh while generating. Don't look as bad numbers to me.

Looks like there's a miscalculation going on on the Toon, will take a look later.

What firmware is the Toon on?
Thanks for your response. I use the latest Toon firmware 5.28.5. How can I send you some pictures?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Can you please tell us how you wired your kWh meter and which kWh meter you have?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Lucien wrote: How can I send you some pictures?
You should be able to add them as attachment.

Return to “Toon Hardware”