Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Toon firmware 5.9.6

Post by TheHogNL »

Eneco released firmware 5.9.6 today.
We are already looking into how to add this to rooted toons. For now it doesn't seem that big of a change (again...).
Boiler water pressure monitoring is new.. but only for subscription customers. But hey, with toonstore we have pressure monitoring already for two years or longer :-)

Just wait for TSC to release 5.9.6 for rooted toons if you really want to upgrade. Should not take long.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
michel30

Re: Toon firmware 5.9.6

Post by michel30 »

Thanks for your info..
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

This afternoon the 5.9.6 firmware is made available for rooted toons. This will also include a new TSC menu (version 2.0) with some new options. This TSC menu will later also be released for older versions of the Toon firmware.

The new TSC features:
- Hotwater preheat disable (when boiler provides this function using opentherm) during away/sleep/vacation. This will save some extra energy as it is not necessary to heat your boiler when you are sleeping/away.
- Summer mode. This will lower the setpoint of al modes (comfort, at home, sleep, away) to 10 degrees. This will allow you to keep the program running but not let the boiler heat up your house during summer when it is a bit colder day. Letting the program run is necessary for the hotwater preheat disable function.
- Zon op toon enable feature. This will allow you to enable zon op toon from the menu. Not necessary anymore to edit the scsync file.

Also the TSC script will activate your Toon when it finds out during boot that the Toon is not activated (for example if it is factory defaulted)

Again, 5.9.6 itself isn't a big deal. No new features from them. You really don't need to update. But some people like to be on the newest firmware always :)
Prutzer
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Prutzer »

Creat Job! (Again)

I like the new features in teh TSC menu a lot.
Thank you very much!
RBI88
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RBI88 »

Iam new to rooting toon, i just rooted my toon this morning.
I updated to the latests firmware (5.9.6). I now have the issue that after a while my ip address goes to 0.0.0.0, looks like if there is still a wifi connection.

Can this be a problem in 5.9.6 and should i downgrade to an earlyer version or is this a issue with my toon hardware?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

First of all. Downgrade is not possible (as in, it is very hard to do and requires a lot of knowledge of the internal packages and there dependencies of the Toon). You can always use my ToonRecovery script to go back to 4.20.7 though.

Then, no the 0.0.0.0 IP address is not a 5.9.6 issue. Probably your Toon does loose wifi for a moment and needs to request a new IP address again from your DHCP server (probably your router).
You better check your network setup for example your router if there is somehting wrong there. Toon is very picky on wifi and network configuration and for yet unknown reasons for some people the Toon keeps on having network problems (which also sometimes just disappear like snow).

Also, check the wifi cables in your Toon. Both should be connected to the wifi chip. If you just rooted your Toon you could accidently disconnected them or not reconnect them properly.
RBI88
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RBI88 »

Thank you for the information. I use a static ip configured within toon and seems to be stable now.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

RBI88 wrote:Thank you for the information. I use a static ip configured within toon and seems to be stable now.
Toon doesn't support setting a static IP address in the Toon itself. Even if you configure it in the config files (like /etc/network/interface). Toon sometimes overwrite those file.

But, if it works, it works :-)
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

The new summer mode is great.

Keep up the good work !!
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

Summer mode. This will lower the setpoint of al mode

"Summer" is defined as the Astronomical period? (July-September )
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

I think you mean the meteorological summer (which is june/july/august). The astronomical summer is from the summer solstice until the autumn equinox (21st of june until 23rd of september).
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Ierlandfan wrote:
Summer mode. This will lower the setpoint of al mode

"Summer" is defined as the Astronomical period? (July-September )
It will not enable automatically in summer. You have to switch it on yourself. So even in winter you can enable summer mode :D

Return to “Toon Firmware”